Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Pfft...I'd probably just leave it. It's a truck, not a show car.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
That's the way I see it. The tailgate trim is cheap so I'll do that and I might have to fix the bumper to get the front plate on there, but I'm not going to spend too much money on the bed.

·
Premium Member
2,175 Posts
That's the way I see it. The tailgate trim is cheap so I'll do that and I might have to fix the bumper to get the front plate on there, but I'm not going to spend too much money on the bed.

The bumpers straighten out easy, and that is literally the best “damaged” bumper possible. Easy peasy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Red Ford

·
Registered
61 Posts
That squeal sounds exactly like my wastegate solenoid did. If you put a stethoscope on it it will be obvious. Its to the passenger side of the alternator right under the EGR valve/intercooler pipe. I just deleted it because I didn't need it anymore but a new one is like $54 and very easy to change.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I'm one of you guys now!

·
Premium Member
2,175 Posts
Nice-looking truck. How much did it set you back?

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Thanks guys! After Uncle Same intervened I'm into it $25k even. After looking at my bank account, now I understand why people finance lol. That's a lot of money to leave at once but I'm a big fan of the buy once cry once idea.

Reactions: backhoebill

·
Premium Member
2,175 Posts
You did pretty good. These trucks are virtually worry-free. If you drop a valve, you can have a good used engine bought and installed for under $10k. I considered getting UCF heads for my spare engine, since it is an early build with 159,000.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Congrats! Good looking truck. They are pulling beasts and you will love the power. The inside is also a nice upgrade.

Tom

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Congrats on the new set up!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Which do I buy now?!?!

I'm one of you guys now!

Sorry,

Not to high-jack this thread or anything, Congrats BTW for getting the new ride--very sweet, but I was lead to believe that the 2008-2012 were to be avoided like the plague? In hindsight, I am not realizing I don't remember who said that and they didn't justify it with any facts. Is it the 6.4 08-10 models that should be avoided?

I ask because (some will recognize) I am truck shopping and although the 03-07 6.0's have tons of high priced issues, they are known and can be monitored, so I was looking in that vain. But I do love the 11-12 body style and interior.

I would potentially spend the extra money for the 6.7 if they are a little more reliable, i.e.: just worry about the turbo and maybe proactively swap it for peace of mind and then just have a bigger payment (I have to finance, no choice in that matter.)

The 6.0 forum has been SUPER helpful in my research but I do love the 6.7's as well.

Now I'm totally conflicted! LOL

Thanks everyone. Again, congrats on the new truck!

·
Premium Member
2,175 Posts
If I had to finance, my choice is clear. 6.7 all day long. I own a 6.0 I bought new in ‘06 and it has been the most reliable vehicle I ever owned at 277,000 miles now. But my 6.7 is so much more capable and without potential problems.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Sorry,

Not to high-jack this thread or anything, Congrats BTW for getting the new ride--very sweet, but I was lead to believe that the 2008-2012 were to be avoided like the plague? In hindsight, I am not realizing I don't remember who said that and they didn't justify it with any facts. Is it the 6.4 08-10 models that should be avoided?

I ask because (some will recognize) I am truck shopping and although the 03-07 6.0's have tons of high priced issues, they are known and can be monitored, so I was looking in that vain. But I do love the 11-12 body style and interior.

I would potentially spend the extra money for the 6.7 if they are a little more reliable, i.e.: just worry about the turbo and maybe proactively swap it for peace of mind and then just have a bigger payment (I have to finance, no choice in that matter.)

The 6.0 forum has been SUPER helpful in my research but I do love the 6.7's as well.

Now I'm totally conflicted! LOL

Thanks everyone. Again, congrats on the new truck!
Six seven all day long. There is little chance of a turbo issue on the 11-14s if you don't run a crazy hot tune.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Ok, so what would you guys go as an upper limit on mileage on the 6.7? We’re the type of family to drive vehicles into the ground. I plan on keeping this truck until I’m dead. Which will hopefully be a loooong time from now. So to get a 6.7 into my price range, I’ll need high mileage but I don’t to start at 250k...

Thoughts?
I think it’s time to head to the 6.7 forum.

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
95 Posts
To delete the 6.7l you will need a programmer to tune it otherwise the sensors will put you into limp mode lol. Basically it's not like the days of old where you could just throw a pipe inline and call it good the computer is having none of it. You can do it all yourself no problem at all but if you want error free driving a special tune program is needed to basically feed dummy numbers to the computer. If you have a code reader for instance your exhaust will always read like 800 degrees.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts