Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone is telling me to stick with my damx and not buy a 6.0.
Please give me your honest opinion.
I wouldnt want to persued anyone into making a $20,000 mistake just because i was partial to one make or the other.

Truck im looking at is a 2004 with 30,000 miles f-250

·
Registered
119 Posts
If you like your dmax keep it. If you want a Ford test drive the 6.0 and see if it trips your trigger. I like my 6.0, but I'm diggin the wife's 6.4 a whole lot more. :icon_ford:

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I used to drive chevys..... After having some half ton ifs 4x4 trucks I said never never again. The ford is a well built truck. Treat it right and you will be happy. Also to note with any truck do your reasearch. Get a oasis report on the 04. If it has a clean history then its good. The oasis report in my opinion is the only way to check one out past the usual kicking tires... The oasis will let you know what issues if any it has had and how common. I have a 04 f250 that was pretty clean and it has been a nice truck I now have abou 110k on it and would only trade it for a 6.4 truck

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
X1000000 on the oasis!!!!

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
I by no means am a chevy guy, but if you have the chevy whats making you think of getting a 6.0? Ive drove em both and worked on them both. The chevy is more car like and the ford is a truck with a hot rod under the hood. Fords easier to work on. But like ya said you dont want to make a 20k mistake, so just go with your gut feeling

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
I am totally partial to Ford just so you know.

I say test drive it and see what you like. I know its hard to tell how you will like a truck with just a test drive. What do you use your truck for? That would be the deciding factor for me.... daily driver, like speed - DMax...... Tow, off road, work truck, like speed (only less than the dmax) - 6.0

1 - 6 of 6 Posts