Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After working on this thing the last few months, it seams like it would it would be so much easier if there was a 3 inch body lift for the diesel. How much easier would it be to remove the turbo, exhaust, heads, and just have more room to work. To me it seams like a 3 inch body lift should be a must. Heck ford lifts the body anythime they work on it.

·
Premium Member
22,934 Posts
You want to lift the body just so you can work on it?

·
Premium Member
22,934 Posts
I'm confused as well...rereading I'm not sure I interpreted his meaning

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Maybe he will explain himself better.:dunno:

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes it would make it so much easier to work on. If you have worked on your truck yourself, you know at least 1/4 to 1/2 of the engine is under the cowl. Plus the turbo and all the exhaust plumbing. When i did the egr valve and cooler delete everything was so crowded.

·
Premium Member
22,934 Posts
Yes it would make it so much easier to work on. If you have worked on your truck yourself, you know at least 1/4 to 1/2 of the engine is under the cowl. Plus the turbo and all the exhaust plumbing. When i did the egr valve and cooler delete everything was so crowded.
I have worked on my truck plenty of times and know how much of a pain it can be, but don't you think that raising the body would make it even more of a pain in the arse leaning over the engine bay?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had to lay on top of the engine to work on it anyways. It would be nice not have wrestle the turbo out while sharp parts are ripping my guts out. Lol

·
Premium Member
22,934 Posts
I hear ya about the turbo, it can be a pain. I'm not knocking your idea, I'm just not sold on it.

·
War is the answer!
5,386 Posts
You can't raise the body of a superduty 3 inches. First off the top radiator hose wouldn't stretch that far. Those bastards are expensive too.

Sent from my SGSIII running a custom ROM.

·
Premium Member
22,934 Posts
You can't raise the body of a superduty 3 inches. First off the top radiator hose wouldn't stretch that far. Those bastards are expensive too.

Sent from my SGSIII running a custom ROM.
And there ya have it.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Personally I wouldn't install a body lift. I had to put one on my Tacoma to fit a v8 into it and I absolutely hate it. How often are you planning to pull the turbo? First time is the hardest gets a lot easier the more you do it.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Reason no body lift for diesel is the fan and shroud. For what it would cost to remanufacture those two items to work with a body lift would be expensive. The upper hose would be an easy hurdle to jump, but look at the fan and shroud. Dont see it being remanufactured to work with the lift and still do its job correctly.

What would I be doing right now if I didn't have an iPhone?

·
Registered
108 Posts
The fan and shroud would be an easy fix,just add an electric fan.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Yeah an electric fan is fine and dandy but when you modify the shroud cooling is out the window. And modifying the shroud would not be so easy. With the way it attaches and everything it would be a hack job. I tried to figure out a way to do this and decided that overheating my engine because i hacked the shroud all to hell was not worth the lift.

What would I be doing right now if I didn't have an iPhone?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts