Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 2005 f250 xlt. If I hit a bump when I am going down the highway my truck will start bouncing really bad. It is a really smooth ride other than that. I've read some forums about problems with shaking, but mine isn't shaking, it is bouncing up and down. It only has 113K miles on it and it is in really good shape. If anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
While this is a problem I have never heard of before the only things I can think of are a front end issue, tire problem ,bad shocks or a spring issue.

The death wobble I have seen but that is useually a front end issue, ball joints tie rods etc.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had the same problem and new springs were the fix. Look on SDSPRINGS.COM. you could check your front tires for wear patterns specific to worn out shocks but I think you will find the answer with new springs. X codes work great:thumb:thumb:

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
try putting a nce set of shocks on first. my 99 did this when i bought it. i put a set of rs5000 ranchos on it and now it rides like a truck again and doesnt bounce.

·
FORD4LIFE
71 Posts
When was the last time you had the tires balanced? My truck would do the same. Ride smooth until that bump then all hell would break lose. the whole truck would start shaking and bouncing all over the place until I slowed down to around 30mph. Just look at your wheels and see if any of your wights are missing. The sticky ones love to come off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.