Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Strokin'
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 F350 DRW. My mods are a full EGR delete, coolant filtration, straight pipes, sct with ID tunes. Im putting headstuds and black onyx gaskets in it this winter when work seasons over. Ive had the truck for 8 months now and its puked twice but not very bad at all. The first time it happened was about 3 months ago i was just pulling an empty trailer. All of my temps were normal and there was no loss of power or mileage. It just happened again this morning while (three months since last time) i was driving down the highway keeping up with traffice around 70 or 75. I noticed it did it when i stopped off to get fuel. I checked the coolant and its color is normal. There is no sludge or oil in the degas bottle. The coolant level is also in the right spot. slightly above the min. fill line. Could it just be a faulty degas bottle cap? The funny thing is i pulled my gooseneck trailer the other week with about 20,000 lbs including the trailer and not a a drip of coolant leaked out. Ive been pulling a trailer with a skidsteer on it atleast once a week for the past three months and never a drop. Can someone please give me an idea of why it only puked twice and both times when i was just driving normal no heavy loads? Could the degas bottle cap be faulty and need replacing?

Thanks
Zack

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
you could try the cap first its the cheapest part to start with

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
How much did it actually puke?

The MAX level for coolant should be below the MIN line on the bottle about 1/2". Over that and you're subject to puking. I would lower the level, change the cap, and see if it still pukes.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
^^what he said

·
Strokin'
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont have the new cap or anything but i did have it flushed by ford and they refilled everything. It never puked right away. It took a few months for it to actually puke and it wasnt much at all. I might replace the cap. It hasnt puked at all since then and just the other week i pulled 24,000 behind it for about 30 miles and never a drop. And ive been running the Extreme Street on it for DD most of the time and a tow tune on it when pulling my gooseneck. The studs are going in this winter when i have time i just thought maybe it was going early haha

·
Strokin'
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nope I have the egr valve and the cooler deleted. No codes or anything they've been cleared

·
Registered
692 Posts
Depending on the strategy having the EGR removed completely changes the way the fan cycles on and off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts