Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have a boost fooler and i am making 31-32psi of boost when i get my DP chip wont it do the same thing i thought it was all in programing if it doesn't then i will get one :dunno:

·
Registered
716 Posts
Mine wouldthrow a SES light prior to the boost fooler.

·
Registered
862 Posts
With a good tuner you dont need a boost fooler

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
I have read the boost fooling can be done by tuning. You have to ask for it and it cost a little more. TW and DP both can do it for a fee.

With out tuning out the over boost or fooling the over boost will defuel due to factory preset parameters for safety.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
862 Posts
With the tunes i have from Matt at Gearhead Automotive he didnt charge to do this. It is just part of his tunes.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I have a mechanical boost fooler from ITP. seems to me it is worth the 50 bones for peace of mind and I like the fact that it is a mechanical solution.

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
Can someone hook me up with a link to these boost foolers? Either a write up of a DIY or something i can buy online....Is it true my truck will defuel due to this? and does defueling make you loose lots of power and make the truck stutter?

I get the ABs light when i get on it with my TW tunes...
And can tony make it so i dont need the boost fooler? is there something he can do with his tunes?

W

·
0 Posts
you can go to Home Depot and make you own boost fooler for under $20. get the regulator that has a pressure vent for an air compressor. add the 1/4" fittings and adjust it to 17 PSI using an air compressor

·
Registered
862 Posts
You will get a SES light if you over boost and the truck starts to defuel. but it will only last for a short while.

Most good tuners should be able to control the map and make it so it wont defuel with no need of a fooler

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
Okay well then i think that eliminates the need for a fooler... Im sure tony set it to not need a boost fooler... its just when i put the pedal to the floor in extreme, heavy tow, or street i get ABs and EBRAKE lights on! and not a ton of power, feels like its either missing or hesitating or something

·
Registered
716 Posts
YOu can throw an overboost code with Tony's chip.

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
it limits the amount of fuel to the motor, ie less power
yeah i dont think im over boosting... on extreme i only hit like 22psi before i got to 60MPH...

Something else is going on with it... im going to clean the contacts right now hopefully that will help

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 60 Posts