Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You would not believe the people that get pissed off when you or something you have does better than something they have...or even better than they expected.

I would have thought that people would be cool with the 6.4 performing the way it does...but many are not...I am not sure if its jealousy of others not having it, if its jealousy that the 6.4 can be modded with about $1500 and perform *** well as many other trucks do after THOUSANDS of mods and many busted knuckles...or if its just sheer rudeness...

I dunno...but I tell you...many people...both Chevy, Dodge, and other Ford owners are not taking the performance of the 6.4 well...hard to believe....well believe it...go to the smack talking kill story, bench racing sections you will see it.......

Its no way to be IMO, we are all here doing the same thing, busting our *** to make a living, and working to make our trucks better, I just dont understand being against one another...

But its the same in a few other things I do..one is MC/ATV stuff...I grew up on dirtbikes, now I ride ATV's...sport quads...and let me tell you...you dont want to get the 2 together, part of the reason all of our riding areas are getting closed, people want to fight amongst themselves instead of group together and fight a bigger problem

Its the silliest $hit I ahve seen.

Scott

·
Registered
317 Posts
What sport atv are you riding? I had a nasty raptor 700r putting out 60+ horsepower until it was stolen back in July. You should see the looks I get riding around in my superduty. I will fix that with 5% tint real soon. Lol!

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
I hear ya,...I get that crap all the time,...rather than someone saying "good job"...or ..."man looks like you got alot of work into that thing"...

They'd rather say,..." BS..you bought it that way",...or..." no way you did that yourself"...

It gets aggravating,..

·
Registered
484 Posts
Scott, you know, I could write for pages and pages and pages in response to this. But I'm going to make it brief.

Time will tell all...and it already is. Give the entire diesel world a year's longer progress, stand back....and enjoy yourself. It won't be hard.:thumb:

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Or no way its that fast, post the slips....wheres the proof...ahh mine is better even though I have 20 times the money in it...etc.

Right now I ride an LTR450, I first started on quads in 2004 when Yamaha introduced the YFZ, before that I had ridden bikes cause atvs were so slow..lol...I was BIG into the YFZ, designed a piston for them and spent lots of time on the forums, meeting and riding with members at the sand dunes.

·
Slacker
19,118 Posts
I can't wait until the new 6.4L FORD starts owning all the track and sled pulling records! :thumb:

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
not sure exactly what you are talkin about , if there is a problem on the site we need to know about , let someone know , i appreciate and like your truck so i dont have a problem with it :dunno:

I aint looking to tell on anyone...its just a general statement...not just me, I have seen this happen more than I can count. I understand its hard to go with change..but I tell you...change is coming. Personally I have nothing against any Ford...well diesel..lol...

·
Administrator
9,390 Posts
Or no way its that fast, post the slips....wheres the proof...ahh mine is better even though I have 20 times the money in it...etc.

Right now I ride an LTR450, I first started on quads in 2004 when Yamaha introduced the YFZ, before that I had ridden bikes cause atvs were so slow..lol...I was BIG into the YFZ, designed a piston for them and spent lots of time on the forums, meeting and riding with members at the sand dunes.
that usually does go back to jealousy , i am jealous, i have 10 times more in mods than you money wise , and you would still bust my *** , but i did it knowing that ,so thats the way i look at it , i give credit where credit is due

·
Rice Hunter
4,036 Posts
Lot'z of pure meanness, hatred and selfishness out there! Pretty cruel world!
How bout the idiots that just have to lay down a key on yer paint!
KEEP YOUR CHIN UP BRODY AND STAY PROUD OF WHAT YA GOT!!
I do know that the org thinks your rig rocks!!!

·
Registered
491 Posts
i posted in the kill stories when i beat my buddy's stock 6.4, which i was happy with because i was extremely impressed with his truck stock (i know they're not impressive stock vs. a chipped 7.3 or 6.0, and nowhere near as good as they are with a dpf delete and tuner, but I was still really impressed with out-of-the-box power and ride quality). but i wasn't trying to bash them, if i had the money i'd get a 6.4 as fast as my pen could write the check. yours kicks ***, i'm a huge fan of your truck

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
I hear ya,...you have a extremely nice truck,...do what I do,....ignore their ignorance.

I have my own little group of people that dislike me on these truck sites,....they take their "shots" at me every chance they get.....

I'm glad I have a horrible short term memory,....regardless.....I'd still help them if they needed it.

·
Cynic
11,178 Posts
1 - 20 of 79 Posts