Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find out what it means if I have A LOT of blowby coming from my oil filler cap and my CCV mod vent hose????? What should I do?? I really want to fix this! :doh:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so I also lose compression????

·
Registered
202 Posts
yep your screwed.

not really. piston rings and sleees will prob fix your problem

·
PMR = JUNK
11,273 Posts
yep your screwed.

not really. piston rings and sleees will prob fix your problem
Ha ha, you say that like its a real easy job.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
don't scare me like that... sh#t! So thats basically a re-build???

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea, no joke....

·
PMR = JUNK
11,273 Posts
don't scare me like that... sh#t! So thats basically a re-build???
Pretty much. I'm pretty sure you pretty much gotta tear it down to do that. I don't know for sure though cause ive never done it, but pistons go in from the top, and ya know what that means.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
.....hmmm......wow.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cool. I actually have a thread out under the main "general threads" forum on here that ask how to check the compression and what it should be.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
lol, i can see this coming:

Compression check: 220

Dirk: Now its time to worry. :eek:

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
YEP, been there, done this.

How long has the DIY intake been on it? Mine got dusted by the factory intake and by the time I figured it out and put the DIY on it was too late.
Cost me $4,000 for parts and doing all the work myself.

My compression went from 300 max to 200 min on all 8. I borrowed the tester with the glow plug adapter from a local diesel shop for $20, took about 2 hours to do.

I say drive it till it drops before worrying about the blowby. Mine had plenty of power and ran great, just a little cold natured. Now she fires right up in the cold and don’t puff clouds of smoke anymore.

Only reason I did mine is cause I got a bad load of fuel and messed up the injectors. Before I bought the injectors I decided to do the compression test cause of the blowby I had for the last 3 years. After the test I decided to rebuild the whole thing, engine, injectors, and fuel system.

·
Premium Member
9,392 Posts
geez , dont just assume you need a rebuild , like was said , do a compression test , and also, if you can run a crankcase pressure test , before ripping the engine apart, i agree also with, alabamafrog, if it runs ok, dont worry about it

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
could this effect my fuel economy????

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
what does a set of rings, seals, sleeves and all the rest that I may need, cost, if I only need to rebuild the pistons????? Is there a thread that tells how to do a compression test??

·
Premium Member
9,392 Posts
powerstroke engines dont have sleeves , and there are alot of things that can cause bad fuel economy , a worn enigne can but its usualy something else with fuel economy issues

·
Registered
212 Posts
Chase....

in-coming call...

Chase

1 - 19 of 19 Posts