Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to replace my BFG AT KOs. I'm running 295/75/16s.

I just got clued into these Duratracs from goodyear in a 285.

Has anyone run these tires? They seem pretty popular but I read a review from a Dmax forum that claimed there is a noticeable sway/flex in the sidewall that comes with them even though they're E rated.

Any advice would be appreciated. They look like a good tire in between a mudder and AT. My truck is strictly used for towing and/or hauling and does most of it's worth in the winter months.

·
Premium Member
2,276 Posts
I run them on my 07 in a 325/65R18. Rated at 3860lbs per tire at 65psi. I run them at 65psi all around, no issues so far with close to 3000lbs in the back.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you get any of the wandering that people are claiming? Even one of the reviews on the Discount Tire site said the same thing.

·
Registered
198 Posts
i work for goodyear, and im not gonna try and seel you tires, cuz i admit, most of our truck tires, and car tires, are over priced. but from what ive heard from customers that i have put these on their trucks they love them. just a few weeks ago i put a set on a ram 2500 for a guy that hauls his boat every weekend, and he came back for some work last week and he has nothing but good things to say about them.. its definately the best truck tire we've come out with in a long time.

·
Premium Member
2,276 Posts
Do you get any of the wandering that people are claiming? Even one of the reviews on the Discount Tire site said the same thing.
Can't say I've really noticed any excessive wandering......I have always run them at max psi, so that may change if I aired them down.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i work for goodyear, and im not gonna try and seel you tires, cuz i admit, most of our truck tires, and car tires, are over priced. but from what ive heard from customers that i have put these on their trucks they love them. just a few weeks ago i put a set on a ram 2500 for a guy that hauls his boat every weekend, and he came back for some work last week and he has nothing but good things to say about them.. its definately the best truck tire we've come out with in a long time.
It really makes me wonder when a goodyear employee runs BFGs.

I would hate to get the tires only to find out they wander. :doh:

·
Registered
198 Posts
It really makes me wonder when a goodyear employee runs BFGs.

I would hate to get the tires only to find out they wander. :doh:
only reason im still running bfg's is cuz i just got the truck few moths ago and those came on it, and i never said being a goodyear employee paid good money. haha. but im saving for a set now cuz the bfg's are just about bald. but i will say that i will be getting a set of duratracs, cuz ive put about 5 or 6 sets on since they came out and havent had any complaints.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I am a goodyear wholesaler and I will have them on my truck in about a week. I pull heavy everyday and our other guys really like them. My acounts are selling lots also. Also Check out the fierce mud tire. Reasonable price
New Fierce Attitude M/T Tire - Expedition Portal Forum

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'd love to hear from some guys who tow heavy with them. That is my primary focus and concern. I spend a lot of time in the the western states during the winter towing through mountain passes and bad weather.

·
Registered
683 Posts
They have the mountain snowflake certification. I know it has great winter traction and are not loud on the road and also dont throw rocks. Spendy though, wish I could get a 37 on 22s

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
My buddy has a set on his avalanche and he loves them he tows a 28ft camper and a 20ft car hauler and has no complaints at all

·
Premium Member
2,276 Posts
I've towed 10,000lbs with them without issue.......not nearly the weight on the tires as when I have 2300lbs in the bed and 700lbs hanging off of the hitch.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The size I need is around 180-190 a tire. 20 dollars cheaper than the BFG!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
DC, what size are you running? I'm concerned seeing that I'm still on a 16" rim with a 33" tire.

·
Registered
80 Posts
......I read a review from a Dmax forum
Hope you washed your hands real good after being in that forum :hehe:

I'll be interested in the replies here also. The BFG's that came with our truck seem to be pretty good. The Nitto's get good reviews. But haven't seen much about the Goodyears.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I just put duratracs on my company truck, 275/70/18. I really like em.

·
Registered
703 Posts
keep in mine tire sway isnt always the sidewall, tread sway usually the cause on an MT because of the bigger sipes and they never have a solid tread on the sides of the tires, i got firestone MTs and at 80psi they sway more than at 65Psi (stock size 275/70/18)

personally i dont like goodyear tires, !JMO! They seem to seperate more than others after a few years, I looked into the Duratracs in the 295/65/18 and the price was crazy compared to some other MTs, i think cost was like 220bucks or something, could be wrong on the price, its been awhile.. I will say, we have installed quite a few sets and have never heard any complaints, and honestly if it wasnt for the price, i probably would have bought them as there the only 295 in an 18 ive found (other than junk Nittos), good luck!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts