Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a friend of mine has a 2000 SD and has been broken into several times. I told him about the jimmy jammers and he is now interested in giving them a shot to avoid future break ins. Was just curious who all runs them and if they really work to keep thieves out? How much do they cost? TIA.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
In my opinion they are not worth it unless they are free , there is still plenty of glass to break out. I leave my stuff unlocked , that way at least if someone steals all my inside "junk" i dont have to replace glass , busted out lock cylinders , door mechanisms or what not on top of whats already been taken. If someone wants in they will get in , or if they wanna steal the truck they will regardless of fancy gadgetry , its just a matter of how much damage they inflict while doing so.

·
Don't mind me
27,557 Posts
The first time my truck was broken into they just smashed out the passenger window. The second time I don't know how they got in. The third time they tried the prox sensors let me know they were coming and the shock sensors scared them away as soon as the tried messing with the truck.

The second time is the only time that I think Jimmy Jammers may have helped me.

·
Premium Member
8,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the opinons, as we all know locks only keep honest people out.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
I have a friend who had his truck stolen twice. After the first time he put in a viper alarm. Didn't help. The truck had an attempt at a third time but he had the jimmi jammers on there then. They didn't get into it at all. Tried both doors and damaged the doors but never got in the truck. The first time the truck was attacked it was at night. The other two times was middle of the day. Most thieves dont want to break windows in the middle of the day. It attracts to much attention. I installed the jimmi jammers in my 08 I think I paid less then $60 for all for doors.

·
Premium Member
8,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very cool. I didnt know they were that affordable. Seems like it would be worth it for only $60. Is the install a PITA?

·
Premium Member
6,293 Posts
In NYC, an alarm goes mostly un-noticed unless it is yours. So if your out of earshot, your out of luck. Being armed and having the truck close isn't always an option since sometimes I have to park my truck a few blocks away, and NY PD really frowns on picking people off with a well placed shot.

I went with Jimmi Jammers just to make my truck a little harder to get into than the next car down the line.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Yeah,mine has a factory alarm/disable function.

Any one who knows these trucks can jimmy the door,pop the hood and cut alarm wires-all too easy to get to, and know right where the override start button is,then take off.

Ford is very cleavor with this-look under dash...........-same place as others:hehe:

Yep-alarms and locks only keep honest people out:nod:

May I suggest a bullet proof dog or better neighborhood?--Just kidding.

But I dooo like the sound of a bullet-proof watch dog though:nod:

·
Registered
466 Posts
I live in MT - Don't have to worry about it too much. I always lock my truck, but my canopy is unlocked, and up until 2 weeks ago I didn't have a canopy and had all my work equipment in the bed of the truck. Also, having 2 dogs that bark at EVERYTHING and an XD .45 as well as an XDM 9mm, I am fairly certain if someone does mess with my **** they aren't going to make it far. I'd hold them without shooting until one tried to make a run for it.

·
Don't mind me
27,557 Posts
After markets are not quite as easy to over ride especially when you have a horn that goes off when alarm power is lost. Tie your alarm to a lojack system where the company shuts down the truck if it has gone more than x distance since the alarm was activated and not disarmed and you have a truck that is harder to steal. As far as folks breaking in just don't make your truck look like an easy target and it cuts down. Have an animal set off the alarm in the middle of the night and that completely stops the local kids, well that and walking outside with a gun on your hip.

·
Premium Member
8,475 Posts
I'm not sure about the "slide" version,,,, BUT my solid back window will pull-out with VERY little effort!

I popped mine in & out with my fingers alone! If I ever needed to get into my truck, with the doors locked, it'll be Amazingly easy....

If ya ever wanted to carry something 11ft long, and didn't want to drive with the tailgate down, just pop it out :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts