Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How are the injectors... And the increased power? Is it really worth going stage 2's or should I do stage 1's?
I want to get good MPG and want power when necessary (custom tunes).
How much has your MPG been affected?
Also do these smoke alot?
Thanks, Mark

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Stage I's are not oing to get your all that much extra power,if your looking for slightly more power but better fuel economy. Stage II's are going to be more for general power.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Another possible option is to run a hybrid injector with stock nozzles. It's an easy 400hp with the proper supporting mods (gauges, chip)

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can't I get 400HP from a set of 175/146 injectors? They arent hybrids but the nozzle cant flow any more than 146cc so whats the point of going that much higher than it?

I know of a few injector websites: diy-injectors.com dpppower.com swampsdiesel.com
Those are a few off the top of my head, just type powerstroke injectors into google

G

·
Stage I's are not oing to get your all that much extra power,if your looking for slightly more power but better fuel economy. Stage II's are going to be more for general power.
umm stage 1's will provide quite an increase over stock. with supporting mods they can get you 325-350 range.

Stage 1's are a great injector for someone wanting minimal smoke and good mileage. They are a little easier on the tranny and turbo than stage 2's are. Stage 2's can get pretty smokey at times and with a hot chip will punish the stock turbo and trans. I really liked 2's and at times miss them, but the 1's in the daily driver are nice. i can let anyone drive it w/o worrying whether or not they are going to smoke the hell out of everything and blow the truck up.

·
Registered
8,710 Posts
I have stage 2's and if I drive 65-70 I will get 18mpg, around town I get 15.

At sealevel they don't smoke much but where I live, 5k' you can have all the smoke you want..if you arn't carefull with your driving and chip setting.

These inj made 407hp and 939tq before the Stealth

I have tony's programing...only one to use IMO.

·
Registered
507 Posts
umm stage 1's will provide quite an increase over stock. with supporting mods they can get you 325-350 range.
lukecline what are the suporting mods ? intake,exhaust, tw tuning and what else ?

i use my truck every day i dont really tow much just a few boats a year . but i want to get the most power out of it with stage 1's im also considering stage 2's depending how much work i have to put into it. what do i have to do to run stage 2's ?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
If you just want to drive it and not worry about EGT's, put an intercooler on it, and a Dominator66 from beans. (Assuming you already have the standard, gauges, chip...etc) If you want to go over the top with it, you can do big oil, and electric fuel. Hows your trans?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My trans is ok if you were directing the question to me... I'm putting in a Transgo Shift kit and 6.0 cooler, and hopefully in the near future a converter and valve body to hold it off till I can get a fully built trans. I'm only 17 and don't have too much $ to work with I was just layed off!!!!!!

Now thinking about it I think I'll go with stage ones 175/146 so that if I ever want to upgrade I just have to get new nozzles. This way its cheaper and I wont kill my trans.

Thanks, Mark

·
Registered
457 Posts
My trans is ok if you were directing the question to me... I'm putting in a Transgo Shift kit and 6.0 cooler, and hopefully in the near future a converter and valve body to hold it off till I can get a fully built trans. I'm only 17 and don't have too much $ to work with I was just layed off!!!!!!

Now thinking about it I think I'll go with stage ones 175/146 so that if I ever want to upgrade I just have to get new nozzles. This way its cheaper and I wont kill my trans.

Thanks, Mark
i'm also 17 so i know what you're talking about, i went with a BTS trans valve body and it helped but i really really regret not going with the trans before i got the 2s... everytime i floor it i just hold on and hope for the best

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
A little off topic but will a ZF5 with a LUK clutch hold up to stage 2s? Hyjack off!

·
BIG TRUCK, SMALL DRIVER
5,877 Posts
A little off topic but will a ZF5 with a LUK clutch hold up to stage 2s? Hyjack off!
It depends on the clutch. My LUK has been a great clutch, but it hates the stage 1's when towing.

As far as what injectors to get, stage 1's will give you plenty of power. I love mine for towing, and the supporting mods are way less than those for stage 2's. Stage 1's are great for towing and driving. If money is a problem, stage 1's are a great option. It''s like having a totally different truck. You will always want more power at some point, but the 1's make these trucks what they should be, MEAN. I'm making 305hp and 606 ftlbs, and it is plenty for towing and showing off.

If you really just want to show out or race, stage 2's or hybrids would be better. I would go for the hybrids before stage 2's, though.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Swamps has been around for a while but so has:

Hypermax -Power Stroke Diesel Performance Ford Diesel Power, 5"exhaust, power module, power chip, injectors, intercoolers, turbochargers

http://www.totaldieselperformance.com/

Beans Diesel Performance

Rockin' S Performance

TDP, BDP and RSP all use the same company Full Force Diesel that builds them. They have a flow bench and test all injectors before you get them.

I had Stage I's, 4inch exhaust, Tymar intake, stock fuel, stock turbo, non CAC, stock trans with upgrades and Tony Wildman chip. The turbo can survive if YOU don't abuse it. With Stage II's a CAC and built trans are more important and probably a different turbo.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
It depends on the clutch. My LUK has been a great clutch, but it hates the stage 1's when towing.

Now when you say your LUK hates the stage ones when towing are you saying that with the extra power you can drive through the clutch while towing with the stage 1s? Thanks JJ

·
Registered
610 Posts
If you just want to drive it and not worry about EGT's, put an intercooler on it, and a Dominator66 from beans. (Assuming you already have the standard, gauges, chip...etc) If you want to go over the top with it, you can do big oil, and electric fuel. Hows your trans?
you wouldn't have to worry about EGT's if you only put an intercooler and bigger turbo on it? That sounds too good to be true

·
Registered
457 Posts
you wouldn't have to worry about EGT's if you only put an intercooler and bigger turbo on it? That sounds too good to be true
100% true... to a point... if you had 530cc injectors you MIGHT have an EGT problem... but with stage 1s 2s or hybrids you won't have any issues

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
How well do stage 1's go with the D66. Im looking at this combo for more power and not only that but Economy. I get 16-17 city right now (3.55 gears)and dont want to lose it with bigger nozzles.
Anyone who runs 2's do you lose MPG at all?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts