Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was looking for a sneaky place to mount the control knob for my Torq2 and figured id use the little cubbyhole down below the 4x4 switch and when i pulled it out i discovered this....

Any ideas on what that wire/connector could be for? Its just plugged into a holder

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
the optional cigarette lighter/ashtray

·
Banned
3,012 Posts
Yup. If you pull the dash off completely there will be all sorts of wires going into blank plugs in the back of the dash for options your truck doesn't have. It allows them to use the same wiring harness for all trucks so they can add options as the call sheet calls for them in the factory.

My 96 ranger xl had full wiring for oem fog lights that only came on the sxt and high end xlt trucks and I put them in there and all I had to order was a stock switch to go in the dash, a dash bezel to accept the fog light switch, and the brackets and fogs, then plug them in

My current truck has plugs for the auto 4wd switch (I got the floor shifter) and a couple others I can't think of of right now back there.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
thats for the optional brake controller. i cut a hole through the back of that pod and ran the wires for my prodigy right to that plug.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts