Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody know if this is true?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHERE TO BUY YOUR USA-GAS

WHERE TO BUY YOUR USA-GAS, THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO KNOW.
Gas rationing in the 80's worked even though we grumbled about it.
It might even be good for us!

The Saudis are boycotting American goods.

We should return the favor.

An interesting thought is to boycott their GAS.
Every time you fill up the car, you can avoid putting more money into the coffers of Saudi Arabia Just buy from gas companies that don't import their oil from the Saudis.

Nothing is more frustrating than the feeling that every time I fill-up the tank, I am sending my money to people who are trying to kill me, my family, and my friends.

I thought it might be interesting for you to know which oil companies are the best to buy gas from and which major companies import Middle Eastern oil.

These companies import Middle Eastern oil:

Shell.......................... 205,742,000 barrels
Chevron/Texaco.......144,332,000 barrels
Exxon /Mobil.....130,082,000 barrels
Marathon/Speedway..117,740,000 barrels
Amoco..........................62,231,000 barrels

Citgo Gas comes from South America , from a Dictator who hates Americans.

Do the math at $30/barrel, these imports amount to over $18 BILLION! (Oil is now $105 (today 3/06/08) a barrel)
Print this out and put it in your car
Here are some large companies that
DO NOT import Middle Eastern oil:

Sunoco ................ 0 barrels
Conoco................ 0 barrels
Sinclair................ 0 barrels
BP/Phillips.......... 0 barrels
Hess......... 0 barrels
ARC0. ................. 0 barrels
Also: Pilot, Flying J, Love's, RaceTrac, Valero

All of this information is available from the Department of Energy
And each is required to state where they get their oil and how much
They are importing.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of gas buyers. It's really simple to do.

Now, don't wimp out at this point.... Keep reading and I'll
Explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I'm sending this note to about thirty people.

If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... And

Those 300 send it to a t least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) .. And

So on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people,

We will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers !!!!!!!

If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten
Friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted!

If it goes one level further, you guess it ..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this to

10 people. How long would all that take?

If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people within one day, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next eight DA ys!

To have self-respect is everything. Without it, we are nothing but unwilling slaves, at everbody's mercy, especially those who we fear or hold in contempt. Without self-respect, we give ourselves away and make the ultimate sacrifice; WE SELL OURSELVES OUT!!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Not True!!

·
Registered
250 Posts
I'm not trying to start an argument, but whats not true?

If he is right about where the oil is coming from, it seems to make sense to me?

·
Registered
447 Posts
I can debunk almost every statement in the whole page. But I won't. Look up HESS for instance, don't take my word for it, you will find that they co-own a refinery in the US virgin Islands with None other than Hugo Chavez. As a matter of fact it is one of the largest in the world with a barrel thru-put per day of almost 500,000 bbls. that supplies the eastern seaboard. Then look up B.P.. You will find that they have very large assets in Saudi and almost every middle eastern nation.Then look at the companys that he has listed and grouped together ex. BP/Phillips. It is ConocoPhillips now as they merged. He has ARCO listed seperately. BP bought out ARCO several years ago. He has AMOCO in the top listalso merged or bought out by BP.The whole article is bunk!!!

·
Registered
258 Posts
BP,Amoco= same company. I believe Shell used to same as Sinclair, might still be, could be wrong and may have never been.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
i have heard sinclair only american...wish they were out here in the eastern states...id use them...my dad said they use 2 be !!!

·
Registered
447 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
all oil is imported and all oil is blended, ALL oil companies deal in the middle east , All oil companies deal in Canada too. No oil company except the smallest deal in only one field
and they sell to refiners so it doesnt matter who it started with, what kind of business would you be running if you only dealt in one field , you want to have oil coming from a bunch of fields. If it eats you alive to get middle east oil Sonoco would be your best bet which majority owns suncor oilsands in Alberta supplying mostly to the US market

·
Registered
567 Posts
Well take this for what it is worth:

My buddy and his old man run a tanker outfitting company. They equipt all types of tanker trucks, mostly perto. So yesterday, at our Firedepartment monthly meeting, me and him were talking about oil and how its outta control. He brings up this story about how he goes to these massive oil terminals and equipts them with whatever. So he continues to say that as he is pulling in(to a BP terminal) there is a Citgo, Marathan, Hess, BP and Exxon tanker trucks all in a line waiting for product. So he get to where he is working and is talking to one of the loading formen about why all of these different trucks are there. The formen tells him that other oil companies will buy BP or vice versa due to logistical supply and demand and overall cost. "This week BP has the lowest fuel costs, for this particular region. Exxon and whoever else cant get any cheaper... so they buy it from us."

I was kinda shocked.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Canada is our best trading partner by far . Their economy is helped by selling sand-oil,which they have large amounts of,in Alberta and Sakatchewan. They also are the country which hosts Ice Road Truckers. I am going to switch to Sunoco..for the company car AND the PSD and the boat.
ITS time to DEGLOBALISE trade (as much as possible)

·
Registered
568 Posts
Well take this for what it is worth:

My buddy and his old man run a tanker outfitting company. They equipt all types of tanker trucks, mostly perto. So yesterday, at our Firedepartment monthly meeting, me and him were talking about oil and how its outta control. He brings up this story about how he goes to these massive oil terminals and equipts them with whatever. So he continues to say that as he is pulling in(to a BP terminal) there is a Citgo, Marathan, Hess, BP and Exxon tanker trucks all in a line waiting for product. So he get to where he is working and is talking to one of the loading formen about why all of these different trucks are there. The formen tells him that other oil companies will buy BP or vice versa due to logistical supply and demand and overall cost. "This week BP has the lowest fuel costs, for this particular region. Exxon and whoever else cant get any cheaper... so they buy it from us."

I was kinda shocked.

That article on snopes I posted earlier said the same thing, that by the time the oil gets to the US there is no way to tell which stations it went to, they sell to a variety of stations. Probably based on the current market.

·
PIPE HITTER
1,472 Posts
if an email ends in this....

If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people within one day.....

I ignore anything it has to say.....

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank yall for clearing it up, I was asking if anyone knew if it was true, stated at the top, I did not want to start some bull **** email chain if it wasnt true

·
Registered
223 Posts
i'll give you a low down on oil production and costs. Believe it or not there is almost as much oil in the praries in Canada as saudi but production costs are higher because many area's are muskeg ( swamp ) these areas are explored only in the coldest winter months and to put these into production you got to build high grade roads for tankers to transport from the well to the battery ( crude terminal) where it is sent to refinery ,etc.

Also this oil is referred to heavy oil , shale oil , and oilsands . All are expensive to upgrade to crude and cost more to get out of the ground via open pit mine , SAGD
( steam is injected into the ground to reduce viscosity so it can be pumped ) and water cavity depression ( water is pumped into the ground to promote circulation) all of this costs more money and cuts into the bottom line , back in the last century you could drill a fairly shallow hole in the flatlands throw a pumpjack on it and whoalla you got oil now it takes more technology and resources to get this oil and make it into something we use. Saudi is still getting their oil out of the ground with fairly conventional processes making it much cheaper to get . The plus to canadian oil is it is isnt very far away and is worth sinking money into as it has extensive proven reserves , a huge number of reputable tradesmen and maint. and const. companies and no conflict in getting this oil but Canadians dont come cheap either so it all adds up to more expensive oil. lots of oil companies have stake here and in the mid east as well as other areas of the earth

1 - 17 of 17 Posts