Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
I wanna go fast!
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FYI- anytime you think your going to Spartan Diesel Technologies and you type in 'www.spartandieseltechnologies.com' instead of 'www.spartandieseltech.com' your going to those guys at river city diesel! How low do you have to go to steal someone else's domain?? I'm sorry but I will never support RCD ever!

·
Registered
177 Posts
They didn't steal their domain, they spent a couple bucks and bought the one you listed above and had it redirect them to their home page. I don't see anything wrong with that since they aren't misrepresenting anything. It's clear that you arrive at River City Diesel and not Spartan Diesel Technologies. A simple google search will yield the correct website. They simply saw a way to increase the number of hits their website would receive and did it... Kudos to them for thinking of it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
They didn't steal their domain, they spent a couple bucks and bought the one you listed above and had it redirect them to their home page. I don't see anything wrong with that since they aren't misrepresenting anything. It's clear that you arrive at River City Diesel and not Spartan Diesel Technologies. A simple google search will yield the correct website. They simply saw a way to increase the number of hits their website would receive and did it... Kudos to them for thinking of it.
you must be a liberal.......

·
Registered
177 Posts
That couldn't be further from the truth. I am a business owner however, and even though someone doing something like that would piss me off a bit, I would be more angry at myself for not thinking of it first. Business is business...

·
Registered
144 Posts
That couldn't be further from the truth. I am a business owner however, and even though someone doing something like that would piss me off a bit, I would be more angry at myself for not thinking of it first. Business is business...
so as long as its legal, its right! gotcha!:thumb: --- said w/ as much sarcasm possible..........

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
so as long as its legal, its right! gotcha!:thumb:
Yep, unfortunately. Spartan can fight it though with the ICA/ICANN.

·
Berm Buster
527 Posts
I think its wrong. Anything with the words spartan diesel in it should bring you to the spartan website. It makes them look kind of weak if you ask me, like they're not confident they can get there own customer base without doing something sneaky. But yeah im sure it does bring them more sales.

·
Banned
48 Posts
Hate to rain on everyones pissing parade, but spartandieseltechnologies was purchased when Matt and I were still partners starting Spartan Diesel Tech. I own a plethora of web domains and they all redirect to rivercitydiesel.com with the click of one mouse click. Matt and I have just talked about it and have both forgotten that I even still owned that domain. I am going to turn it over to him. At the time in which I bought it was way before Spartan had any national recognition. :thumb:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hate to rain on everyones pissing parade, but spartandieseltechnologies was purchased when Matt and I were still partners starting Spartan Diesel Tech. I own a plethora of web domains and they all redirect to rivercitydiesel.com with the click of one mouse click. Matt and I have just talked about it and have both forgotten that I even still owned that domain. I am going to turn it over to him. At the time in which I bought it was way before Spartan had any national recognition. :thumb:
no pissing here - good on you:thumb:

·
Registered
742 Posts
out of curiousity, which other ones do you own? this could get interesting :haha

·
Registered
577 Posts
You guys are jumping the gun, they used to work together and still do on some joint ventures. Its not like they are trying to mislead anyone, they are some stand up guys over there who have very good customer service and excelent tunes and parts. You guys really sould check them out.

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
You guys are jumping the gun, they used to work together and still do on some joint ventures. Its not like they are trying to mislead anyone, they are some stand up guys over there who have very good customer service and excelent tunes and parts. You guys really sould check them out.
This was established earlier today....:doh:

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Good on you Josh. Wasn't aware of the situation and I apologize if I offended or caused any distress in any way.

·
I wanna go fast!
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good deal, glad it has been sorted out :thumb:

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Kudos to you, very cool indeed.

·
I wanna go fast!
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Haha.....look where it takes you now!! :rofl:

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Haha.....look where it takes you now!! :rofl:
That is some funny **** right there. :hehe: :hehe: :thumb:

I was expecting it to goto the EPA website. :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts