Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now my quad pillar is warping real bad and was looking around to get it replace. Autometer seem really pricey and I came up to Glowshift brand. What I like about them is that they charge quad pillar for only $43. Any color. Most other brand that only carry them in black. Color cost more. I would like to see who have Glowshift pillar. Any color would be fine. I have gray. I just want to see what it looks like.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a Gray Glowshift Quad pillar mount that is going in my 2005 F250 Lariat as we speak. I should have my truck back from the shop on Friday. I know that is no help right this minute but I will let you know what I think and post a pic of it as soon as I have the truck back

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I have the triple glowshift pod. No pics but quality seemed good although I have no experience with other brands in my truck.

The grey color doesnt match exactly to my grey interior but without knowing, it is hard to tell.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I have a glowshift quad pod in tan. Good quality and easy to install. I dont have a way to load pics at the moment but if you will pm your # I will text you a few.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
I have the quad pod from glowshift, and i like it....I have the tan and it matches pretty darn good, I only have a night pic, but when i get off work i can take other one....As for the fittment i think its pretty good, but this is the only one i have had so i got nothing to compare it to

·
Real Men of Genius
5,309 Posts
I had the GlowShift triple gauge pod in my truck and the quality was pretty terrible. I bought straight from GlowShift Direct. I ended up driving down the road to Summit Racing (thank god it's only an hour away) and bought the Autometer Triple Gauge Pod. The Autometer black actually matched my interior a lot better than GlowShift gray.

Check out Summit Racing for pricing on their Autometer Pods. I was expecting mine to run close to $90 (according to their site) and I got it for around $50. Of course, mine's a triple gauge pod - the quad pod will probably be more expensive.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here is my grey glowshift quad pod installed. The quality is so so. I have never used any other brands but I would think someone probably makes something a little better quality. Not a bad buy for the price though. You can see the difference in the color by looking at the lower dash panel and the door panel in the truck. Definitely a lighter color grey but I think it looks fine. Hope this helps!

20121006_101932_HDR.jpg

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies! After I looked at actually picture form Titan. It seem like the top part of the pillar doesn't give better fit. It kinda looks like it doesn't make for Super Duty. Looks like low quality design fit. I think I will keep it in mind. I really don't want to spend $80 pillar from autometer and will have to paint to match the dash. Thanks again!

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,777 Posts
I have the quad in mine. Color doesn't match exactly but I'm happy with the overall fit and look. You have to be sure to split the difference on the original a-pillar with this one as it doesn't completely cover on all sides. But if you split the difference it looks pretty good.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I ordered Glowshift pillar pod and it got here Saturday. Looking forward to install new one on the truck. Is there any advice? I read the instruction and it seem pretty simple. Any advice would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
throw it up there, and screw-ur in. Mines' warp'n atthe windshield side. If i did all over again, i'd spend the extra dough and got the ISSPRO or Autometer gauges. They'll take care of gauge problem during warranty, only problem i found, is they send you a different unit, so you'll need to re-wire it again....

·
Registered
419 Posts
I ordered Glowshift pillar pod and it got here Saturday. Looking forward to install new one on the truck. Is there any advice? I read the instruction and it seem pretty simple. Any advice would be great. Thanks.
I haven't had any problems with my gauges at all. They work fantastic and they are glowshift.

Only issue I had during installation and Im still working that part out is the boost gauge.

I haven't ever really got mine to work, but that's because I haven't really set it up right. Using rubber pieces to connect that hose and expecting a secure tight connection wont happen lol

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Actually I have auto meter gauges. My pillar pod just worn out and ordered new pillar pod and reuse my auto meter gauges. I like glowshift's new tow max gauges. But I'm going to keep my auto meter gauges for now until they worn out or stop working. Plan get the new tow max gauges from glowshift.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts