Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stock (except a k&n drop in filter) 2000 excursion 7.3 powerstroke 4x4 and my friend thinks he is tough in his bone stock scion tc so i want to beat his a$$ in a race just for fun ... so what you guys think?

·
Registered
228 Posts
he will probably smoke ya but it depends on who can drive in the race. not tryin to be mean but thats the way it is, those little cars can move

·
Registered
254 Posts
Stock 7.3's probaly aren't going to beat to much.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I should wait till I get my dp tuner lol ... I figured I would have to but just wanted to see if I could beat him now cuz he was talking his car up like he always does but after I get the dp tuner u think I could beat him in 120 race or 140 agressive?

·
Registered
162 Posts
probably could beat him after the tuner but my buddy is a JDM fanatic and from what i have seen in street racing 50 % or more is the how good the driver is. practice your launch before you race. and try to get some gauges and exhaust before the tuner.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
u will get tossed dude stock that is

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
got the dp tuner and exhaust and a afe dry filter.. now do you think i could win?

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hard call, the TC's are fairly quick. Just race the guy and if he beats you just run him over.

·
Registered
263 Posts
That air dam up front might slow you down though lol
Just kidding, I'm sure it would be pretty close just go for it and let us know how it goes!

·
Registered
489 Posts
If you lose you can always blame the fact that your driving a massive diesel truck and hes in a little jap gaser.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i raced him ... and won lol ... turns out he sucks real bad at driving ... even though racing in an auto tc consists of mashing it and letting off the brake wutever he lost thats all i care about lol ... i just put it in 4x4 pushed in on the brake and revved it until the boost was higher than ten fifteen ish i think then we went lol had him from the beginning all the way through to the end lol ... oh yea it was in 120 race ... oh and im in the process of making my own iron bull/ road armor type bumper so that crap on the front will be off of there soon ... i dont want to take it off because i dont know who put it on or how they put it on and if i take it off and it like crap under there i dont wanna be stuck with a crappy looking bumper even if its only for a few weeks ... and the scoops will come off as soon as i take the badges off and repaint the whole truck and the badges will come off after i get the 05 grille and head lights and those will come as soon as i get x code springs for the front and b or c codes for the back ... its a work in progress lol ... im in college so money is flowing like blood from a rock so yea itll be a while before this comes together lol

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
...? I already have like 5000 worth of stereo with alpine type x all around 2 12s in the back and a pioneer double din 4100 in the dash so I don't need that oh yea and I'm making a center console to fit one of my laptops in here

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ohhh u were banned I get it now .... Ur an idiot .. Whoops

1 - 13 of 13 Posts