Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know spartan, dpfdeletekits, rcd, cobbs, and idp all sell custom tunes, but is anyone else thats a vendor selling the kits?

I'm about to pull the trigger and just doing some research

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
Thats all that I know of...John and Aaron just sell tuners though, they dont do any tuning...Spartan, RCD, and IDP are your 3

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know who does the tuning, i'm sort of looking at customer service amongst the retailers. i've seen a few on the board, and wasn't thrilled with the way they present themselves, so i wanted to see all my options. i couldn't think of anyone else

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
If your not happy with the main vendors, I would suggest checking out the supporting vendors section and seeing which ones carry what you need....Otherwise I reccomend Cobb's. Your going to get split opinions on both Rudy's and Cobb's. That is just how it is on here

You could always buy direct....straight from Spartan, RCD, or IDP

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If your not happy with the main vendors, I would suggest checking out the supporting vendors section and seeing which ones carry what you need....Otherwise I reccomend Cobb's. Your going to get split opinions on both Rudy's and Cobb's. That is just how it is on here

You could always buy direct....straight from Spartan, RCD, or IDP
that ones of the things i am doing. I emailed rcd and idp, as i dont want to go with spartans tuning, i like his results, i just dont like the cost of the product. im sure its worth it, but i dont need all the functions.

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
that ones of the things i am doing. I emailed rcd and idp, as i dont want to go with spartans tuning, i like his results, i just dont like the cost of the product. im sure its worth it, but i dont need all the functions.
Completely understandable. Spartan is high priced, but the major part of that is the monitor, and for those not interested in the DashDAQ I wouldnt fool with it. RCD is the most proven SCT tuner currently, but it seems that Eric is getting things together with the surging and tranny issues. That 591 and 1097 made with the 585 RCD tune would make anyone want that tune though :nod:

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
You can get Eric's/Innovative custom tunes thru Aaron at rudysperformance, see Aaron's contact number below. You won't go wrong with his customer service.

·
Registered
564 Posts
watching as soon will be interested in custom tunes

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Another vote for John at Cobb's he has the best customer service and actually installs what he sells:thumb:

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Another vote for John at Cobb's he has the best customer service and actually installs what he sells:thumb:
i do all my own work, and live across the country, not worried about install. Plus cobbs doesnt sell the custom tunes i want. but he does have smoking deal on mbrp parts, so i am still looking there

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
i do all my own work, and live across the country, not worried about install. Plus cobbs doesnt sell the custom tunes i want. but he does have smoking deal on mbrp parts, so i am still looking there
Wasnt saying that you would need him to install it, but when you have a question about somthing on the install it is nice because he has done it and can offer helpfull tips and tricks, unlike other vendors on this board:thumb:

·
Registered
529 Posts
I go through Aaron for everything, and I can honestly not believe how great he is to get parts from. He has really hooked me up and got everything I've bought at a low price, and anything else I order, will be through him, as long as he can get it. I know he deals MBRP aswell. Cobbs from what I hear is also great, and its awesome when he comes on the forums and you can pm him and he will answer your questions, so I don't think you can really go wrong with either one of them, but Aaron will continue to have my business.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
we sell a 6.4 performance package, with the SCT livewire, flo pro exhausts and S&B intake, I have them in stock..

·
Registered
577 Posts
Aaron @ Rudys (dpfdeletekits.com), he is the man. I would go to him first you wont be disapointed.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wasnt saying that you would need him to install it, but when you have a question about somthing on the install it is nice because he has done it and can offer helpfull tips and tricks, unlike other vendors on this board:thumb:
I go through Aaron for everything, and I can honestly not believe how great he is to get parts from. He has really hooked me up and got everything I've bought at a low price, and anything else I order, will be through him, as long as he can get it. I know he deals MBRP aswell. Cobbs from what I hear is also great, and its awesome when he comes on the forums and you can pm him and he will answer your questions, so I don't think you can really go wrong with either one of them, but Aaron will continue to have my business.
Aaron @ Rudys (dpfdeletekits.com), he is the man. I would go to him first you wont be disapointed.
i was looking at aaron for the tuner and intake(i wanted the SB) but the only exhaust i could find on his site was flo-pro, i'll have to email him.

·
Registered
577 Posts
i was looking at aaron for the tuner and intake(i wanted the SB) but the only exhaust i could find on his site was flo-pro, i'll have to email him.
I have the flopro exhaust and the S&B filter, both are priced great and the quality is there and its just as good if not better than the other brands. The S&B is the best intake on the market for the 6.4 imo.

FloPro also makes a 5" turbo back exhaust now that is really inexpensive, can be had with or with out a muffler and includes a 2 piece 4" downpipe.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Delete Kit

I purchased the Flo Pro SS832 system and the 38641 delete electronics, best investment I ever made! Simple install, (about 3 hours) Fits very well. 5 minute install on the electronics. Ford should be making these a factory option! :)

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
I purchased the Flo Pro SS832 system and the 38641 delete electronics, best investment I ever made! Simple install, (about 3 hours) Fits very well. 5 minute install on the electronics. Ford should be making these a factory option! :)
I have thought pretty hard about this set up as well due to the fact I am not looking for any H.P. gains. But, my question is do you have to do the key cycle thing every time you start the truck and if so what is involved?

Sorry not trying to hi jack the thread, just curious

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Andy,
The 38641 works killer, flip the key on for about 3 seconds the led goes solid and you are good to go. They say it is not required for every start but once as long as you do it once every 500km or so to clear off the counters. I don't know for sure but I just let it sit for a second after I turn the key on and all has been fine.

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Aaron has MBRP also, just must not be on the site?? I know we build a full 4" CAT/DPF delete pipe to go with the MBRP system's he sells. You will not beat Aaron's customer service. Feel free to contact him or I if you have any questions.
Sean

1 - 20 of 23 Posts