Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im sure quite a few people here work in the oil fields?

any tips? im currently have a ok job but im never going to get any where with the amount of money i make. i know how to save so im not asking this because im hurting for money like alot of people that run to the oil fields. i just want to work my *** at least 5 years and get a nice chunk saved up and go back home unless i fall in love with it lol... current job in the winter some times im up for over 30 hour stright plowing snow so i think i can handle it.

i have my cdl already what could i realistically expect to make driving or other wise . i have training on running a good bit of equipment . clean driving record and no criminal record.

if does work in the field could you either respond or send me a private message on where to look for job . online seems like everyone wants your money and cant really find much info so far.

thanks

·
Registered
184 Posts
What kind of job do you want? Labour? Driving? Equipment?

Roughnecks now are about 30/hour. 12 hours a day, 2 weeks on 1 week off or maybe more on if you want to work over. Plus sub, adds up quick and lots of room to move up if your a good hand. Diggers up to 46/hour now. Pretty good cash if you don't mind the work.

That's the way I went about 12 years ago. Worth every cold day and ****ty job now.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
i replied to your other thread,

have you tried

rigzone.com?
Alaska North Slope Jobs: Resources, Employers & Contact Information

would be a good start for you,

then the major companies
Halliburton (sos staffing)
calfrac
canrig
power fuels(driving)
key energy(driving)
grey wolf/tetra
Nabors

there are a few other but can't think of them off my head

Pennsylvania has a oil field last i heard, my friend is also fracing in Mississippi so there might be stuff going on down there

there is tons of info out there you just have look

1 - 3 of 3 Posts