Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m wanting to work on my setup to flex but still need to fairly easily switch back to tow. Anyone been down this road?
I know it’s not a SD. Truth be told I looked pretty hard at doing that setup before getting my Ford. If I could of gotten a stick or a aisin I probably would have.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,568 Posts
Put lockers in the front and rear, then flex won't be as important.

·
Vendor
2,355 Posts
I’m wanting to work on my setup to flex but still need to fairly easily switch back to tow. Anyone been down this road?
I know it’s not a SD. Truth be told I looked pretty hard at doing that setup before getting my Ford. If I could of gotten a stick or a aisin I probably would have.
4.5" Carli system with full Deavers and a set of their long travel bags is the best overall setup for what you are looking at doing.

·
Vendor
2,355 Posts
Not sure what year your truck is but both of these 17's are on 40's as is the one above:

·
Vendor
2,355 Posts
Here's my '11 with a 2.5" Carli setup with full Deaver leafs out back. I put together a custom air bag setup to work with the full leafs that still allows pretty much full flex:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice!!! Love the pics keep them coming!
My trucks a 14. Lift is a 10in fab tech kit.
Deavers look like the way to go.
Did you guys have relocate extend any lines?
Is the factory rear locker good?
Are there any good sliders out or are you guys fabbing them?
Quick disconnects for swaybars or are even running them?
Thanks guys! You guys have some really nice rigs!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Found my frt brake lines have been rubbing the tire a bit and now have flat spot on them so I'll be doing the frt lines for sure. Need to figure out length and what company is good to use for braided.
Anybody running a t-case clocking ring and drop crossmember? My frt shaft was hitting. Had some higher clearance added to the frt of it. Not sure that will be enough though.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Found my frt brake lines have been rubbing the tire a bit and now have flat spot on them so I'll be doing the frt lines for sure. Need to figure out length and what company is good to use for braided.
Anybody running a t-case clocking ring and drop crossmember? My frt shaft was hitting. Had some higher clearance added to the frt of it. Not sure that will be enough though.

Check out KLM performance. Just got a set of their brake lines for my Super Duty and they’re very well made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got some posers pics! It’s not horrible but room for improvement for sure. I think the rear would’ve stay on the ground with the rear bar off. Not sure how or what to do with the frt there’s a couple issues.

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Had a fun day none the less. 2wd made getting off the trail a challenge.
Snow, mud and ice on a few climbs I had to get a tug and winch up a couple as it got tight to some trees and the truck kept wanting to slide over into them. It was a bit nasty I didn’t get out a lot to take pics as much as usually do.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts