Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting white smoke from my exhaust. I have changed the stock to an MBRP 5" straight thru exhaust. This problem has only started recently. The dealer says I have to have the stock exhaust re-installed before they can check it out.

Any ideas on what it could be. I have been told it could be a head gasket of injectors.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
could be injectors or EGR cooler, if you get a chance, smell the smoke, if it smells like raw fuel or kerosene its an injector issue, if it smells kinda sweet and burns your eyes, its EGR cooler failing.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Does it do this??

Its most lilely the EGR.

Let me guess,
huge cloud of white smoke, no power, minimal boost, engine lugs for ever, and eventually all of a sudden you get rear ended and the boost sky rockets, you roll white coal and your head hits the seat like it should have, Right????

EGR Valves usually run about $250 at the dealership, you can try CarQuest or places like that. i found one for around $140 somewhere, but I usually had to go to the dealership because it was a "Need it now" part and they have then now.

·
Registered
78 Posts
hey what about all those symptoms with no white smoke? and a ton of black smoke?

·
Registered
78 Posts
i have not seen more than 14lbs of boost. and thats at like high revs. same problem? and whats the solution.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
take the turbo off, take it apart and clean the veins, they get rusty..may even need a unison ring too..

·
Registered
78 Posts
ok im guessing the unison ring is like a unicorn at a parts store? Maybe they exist maybe they dont? and how long of a job is this?

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
yes, the unison ring can only be found at for or international.

Job time is dependent on who's doing the work.

·
Registered
199 Posts
one of my friends had that prob on his dodge and he drained his water seperater and that helped it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts