Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Air Assault!!
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Truck is a 2005 F250 40K on the clock with a straight pipe tuned by Matt.

FICM voltage is good. (49 to 50v steady) Physical temperature doesn't seem to matter.

When I start the truck after it has sat (over night or all day when I'm at work) and it is stone cold it cranks and idles fine. If I let it sit for a period of time while idling it will have a slight white haze coming from the exhaust pipe (only seen this once). When I get in and drive it away it will blow a little white smoke under initial acceleration but once I get moving it will not. If I come to a stop shortly after it will only blow white smoke again when I accelerate. Once the needles on the dash start to move where the vehicle is warmed up it doesn't do this again until I shut it off and let it sit for a few hours. It does it loaded or unloaded. Vehicle has plenty of pep so power does not seem to be effected.

Does this sound like bad turbo seals? Also the vehicle has used 0 coolant during this issue. This issue has been going on for the past month or so.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
either a clogged egr or faulty injector. Get a contribution test on ur injectors to rule that out.

·
Air Assault!!
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
either a clogged egr or faulty injector. Get a contribution test on ur injectors to rule that out.
My EGR system is commanded off by Matts tunes so i would like to think that it is not that.

Something weird though. I did change the oil last night and this morning when i left for work it did not smoke like it has the past few mornings.

Previous oil had 5500 miles on it Rotella T5.

Edit: Nope, still doing it.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Bring in this thread back alive because this is exacry what mine is doing and I don't know what could be doing it ....mods in sig

·
Registered
249 Posts
Bump still looking for advice

1 - 5 of 5 Posts