Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have been having on going issues with my truck and i have changed a lot of parts to try to get this fixed. so i changed the IPR ICP CPS and bellowed up pipes and T4 mount and brand new turbo. so that didnt fix anything ohmed out all the injects they seem good pulled the valve cover and found a broken rocker arm on the exhaust and a bent push rod on the intake. replaced both of them and started it up the miss was not as bad but now i am getting a lot of white smoke out the exhaust.

questions
how can i compression test the cylinders
what else could it be?
a bad injector
a bad glow plug how can i test these things?

thanks so much for the advice

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
i'll throw a bone. You try the removing of the oil cap while trucks' run'n to see if theres blowby yet?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no all i do is remove the oil cap? what would that tell me i need to do rings or something?

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
easy way to spot a dead cylinder. If it puffs smoke out with pressure behind it, theres an issue, if smoke/no smoke, just "bellows" out, then atlest no blowbys' present.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Same issue with mine - Chk my thread. DEAD CYLINDER (BAD PISTON) Im in process of a rebuild w/ mine. Barrow a compression gauge (it'll register as High as 800psi Diesel specific gauge - Gasoline gauges reg up to 300psi & have a special adapter that looks like a glow plug. Remove ALL glow plugs & disconnect all injectors, will take about 2 Hours. Crank engine over 5-6 times each cylinder. should have minimum of 320psi or upwards of 400 if cylinder is good. - Good Luck. Im learning myself w/ a crash course.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts