Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 King Ranch 210k mikes
I.m pretty sure that this truck has the original egr cooler and oild cooler. I 've owned for about 6 years and had an oasis report done on when i bought it , turbo, ficm, stc no mention of these parts being placed the date on the manifold matches uo with the build date. I don't think the intake manifold was ever removed.

I'm installing a new egr cooler and oil cooler. I found this white plastic disk in the coolant manifold. My understanding is that there should be an oring here, or am i mistaken
IMG_0559.JPG

·
Registered
951 Posts
What you are showing would be a block to the back end of coolant flow through the ERG cooler. That makes no sense at all unless you had a failed EGR cooler and you wanted to keep it in place, and also blocked any exhaust flow through it. Blocking coolant flow with an operating EGR cooler would be an instant disaster.

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
With that port blocked, how does the oil cooler get any coolant flow?
since that plug would effectively block the cooler outlet?

Need more pictures of the top of the engine to see how it has been altered

Reactions: TooManyToys

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
I can only guess that someone was experimenting with an oil cooler coolant reroute. I'd like to see pictures also. Otherwise, may have been wrong for years about needing to cool the oil and circulating coolant through the EGR. That or you've got the World's most Bulletproof engine of all times.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As I think of it now I didn,t really see the disk where i show it it came from somewhere after i lifted the manifold if it was sitting on the engine somewhere ther is no wat it would hace stayed white and clean, also i have found no donut oring. the egr cooler was not blocked off at the back. in any event it is my plan to install a new oil cooler and egr cooler with the disk deleted
IMG_0553.JPG
IMG_0566.JPG
IMG_0568.JPG
IMG_0562.JPG
IMG_0563.JPG

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
Something wrong with that first picture -- where is the groove for the fat o-ring to sit in?
or is the white piece covering that up?

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
Do you have another oil cooler than the factory one?
because that plug will block all coolant flow from the factory oil cooler

Reactions: bismic

·
Registered
951 Posts
We've been bamboozled. 😱

Reactions: Heavy_GD

·
Premium Member
11,713 Posts
I have a disk similar to that in my front cover, but I don't have a lot of the other parts the OP has.

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
We've been bamboozled. 😱
That is too bad for those that really do want help with their trucks
just bring it past the shop, it's $150 an hour to listen to the bull ****

·
Registered
951 Posts
Ah, he didn't know probably. I was just joking.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.