Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my truck just stared doing this, when I start it it puffs out white/blue smoke for the first like 5-10 seconds when it starts. It starts right up, can't hear or feel any rough idle. Any help would bee great. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
93K miles, changed the fuel filter maybe 4k miles ago. the smoke is more white than blue. Oil level is fine, coolant level is fine. This is the first time it's done it. It's due for a oil change.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Didn't do it this morning. The truck still feels like it has the same amount of power.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
i have noticed my trucks started doing it when i put straight exhaust on them i dont know why it dosnt do it all the time when starting probably just the temp out side and stuff but all of mine have done that

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts
i have noticed my trucks started doing it when i put straight exhaust on them i dont know why it dosnt do it all the time when starting probably just the temp out side and stuff but all of mine have done that

The only difference I would think would be if your old system had a converter on it, and only starting the truck when it was hot.

In my case, I start noticing noises\smoke\whatever when I replace something. I am constantly listening for any "new" noises. More than half the time it's all in my head.

Example: After I replaced either the injectors or hpop, I noticed that when I started the truck, the oil pressure gauge jumped up... the the idiot light was still on for a second or so. Freaked me out. Never paid a attention to it before. It bothered me until I drove another 7.3.. and it did the same thing.

My truck puffs every now and then, but I didn't even pay attention to it until I replaced my exhaust and added gauges.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
boy i know how you feel about having noises in your head lol some guys say they turn thir radio off and listen to their turbo i turn my radio off so i can listen for new noises lol
but i have never had a converter but man when its cold out and i start my truck and hook up my trailer the exhaust comes right by the jacks lol i get kinda smoked out for a while lol

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The only difference I would think would be if your old system had a converter on it, and only starting the truck when it was hot.

In my case, I start noticing noises\smoke\whatever when I replace something. I am constantly listening for any "new" noises. More than half the time it's all in my head.

Example: After I replaced either the injectors or hpop, I noticed that when I started the truck, the oil pressure gauge jumped up... the the idiot light was still on for a second or so. Freaked me out. Never paid a attention to it before. It bothered me until I drove another 7.3.. and it did the same thing.

My truck puffs every now and then, but I didn't even pay attention to it until I replaced my exhaust and added gauges.
I'm paranoid about my truck too. I hear the littlest change in it and im going crazy.

·
Registered
60 Posts
blue smoke means that your rings are going bad well that’s what someone told me check it out

·
Registered
214 Posts
you can put a computer on it it will tell what it sees. i did it to mine it cost $20. it had 5 bad injectors

1 - 12 of 12 Posts