Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

whistle.......

2K views 25 replies 10 participants last post by  moore20017.3 
#1 ·
what is the best performance turbo for the money....looking for boost levels around about 60psi or better............some info please.......?

#3 ·
Brian at BWD has a new kit coming out that is a kit similar to the H2E but you can get is anywhere from 66mm to a big a$$ MoFo 80mm+!!

and they are TN turbo's....

#5 ·
got the 88mm stock upgrade right now ..................it's ok.......

#6 ·
you are talking about a different measurement..... a 80mm is HUGE!!! you need AT LEAST B-codes to even try and spool a 80mm.....

#7 ·
naw it aint that big.....was one of thae changes that ford made.......and it spools up real quiwk like........looking for somthing that can get me bout 60psi or better......

#8 ·
for 60 psi, you will need prolly B-codes, 72mm turbo (maybe not quite that big), big oil, and a "built to the hilt" motor (because 60 psi is gonna be about 600+ hp)..... about $25K maybe more tight there...

but if you really want that much power you are actually better off to go with Compound turbo's (Twins)....

#9 ·
naw u could get it with out that much......have to change turbos and injectors and will be around 55 to 65 psi.......should be anyhow.....and intercooler

#13 ·
it is gonna take ALOT to get 60 psi...... trust me!

#14 ·
Maybe a signature with your current mods and what kinda truck you got would keep down confusion.
Turbo, injectors, innercooler, and little things aint gonna hold over 60 psi boost.

#15 ·
with the right head studs and fire rings.....the 445 block will hold any boost pressure....jus thos two will hold big boost, you have to have the accomdating moddifcations for evrything to work in conjuction but 60psi aint that far outta reach...

#17 ·
well then you sound like you've already got all the answers...

#18 ·
Why are you specifically looking to get 60psi of boost??

oh and ditto on filling out your sig...

#19 ·
Why would you ask what turbo to use if you won't listen to any of the suggestions? and after they make a statement you correct them....

Luke

#20 ·
i jus wondering.....everyone thinks its gonna take a crap load of work to get big boost and from my experince i have to dissagree.........

#21 ·
with the right combination of parts (turbo and intercooler with speical programing) 55-60psi is not that far from reach or is it............................?

#22 ·
Hate to say it but do some searching and reading on here or a couple of other forums, and you'll see that it's not as easy as you think and a lot of guys have blown motors getting there, when you say built motor, what exactly is built about it, In addition to the head studs and firerings you have, I hope you have billet rods in there and maybe a girdle, with out those you're asking for rods to say PEEK ABOO THOUGHT I'D COME OUT AND SAY HELLO, once again, fill out you sig and people can accurately elaborate on this topic for you, lot of experienced people on here that will help, you just have to let us.

#23 ·
Big boost is not always just about making power. You want it to hold up right? Just a little blip of the throttle with an improperly built and supported block and motor can send the heads off their decks, and the rods out the new windows in your block. With that much boost in there, thats alot of heat and pressure. Unless you just wanna rebuild your engine and spend gobs of money, I would just do it right the first time. Oh, and a signature with your mods would be great, as everyone has suggested.

#25 ·
the pic of stump is cute, but you think maybe your could make it something like....ohh say....1/2 that size. Damn thing takes up 75% of my 19" lcd on highest resolution!!!

Oh and BTW....I think this guy talking about 60psi is blowing alot of soot up our butts. Lots of people talk big, but havent a clue. I once talked to a car salesman at Ford. He was a young guy. I was looking at lightnings, and he asked what i currently drove. I told him at the time a fixed up ZX2. He says "Oh yeah?...I have one too...just finished a rear wheel drive conversion!!!!" LOL...what a joke.

#26 ·
60 will only come with some HUGE amount of fuel. With this huge amount of fuel a turbo big enough to clean up and still get out of the way on top end at least 80mm inducer. It will no longer be "streetable" it will be retarded smokey when you take off....If you really want to make power set a HP goal and build toward it. I would love to make 500HP and probably no more than 40-45PSI.

If you just want 60 psi for some reason I would have done the research on the low end first. I think with the injectors you will need I would for sure look for a compound turbo set up , if you want to street it at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.