Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the best performance turbo for the money....looking for boost levels around about 60psi or better............some info please.......?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Brian at BWD has a new kit coming out that is a kit similar to the H2E but you can get is anywhere from 66mm to a big a$$ MoFo 80mm+!!

and they are TN turbo's....

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im pretty shure stock on my truck is 80mm

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
got the 88mm stock upgrade right now ..................it's ok.......

·
Registered
585 Posts
you are talking about a different measurement..... a 80mm is HUGE!!! you need AT LEAST B-codes to even try and spool a 80mm.....

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
naw it aint that big.....was one of thae changes that ford made.......and it spools up real quiwk like........looking for somthing that can get me bout 60psi or better......

·
Registered
585 Posts
for 60 psi, you will need prolly B-codes, 72mm turbo (maybe not quite that big), big oil, and a "built to the hilt" motor (because 60 psi is gonna be about 600+ hp)..... about $25K maybe more tight there...

but if you really want that much power you are actually better off to go with Compound turbo's (Twins)....

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
naw u could get it with out that much......have to change turbos and injectors and will be around 55 to 65 psi.......should be anyhow.....and intercooler

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its all about the little tricks.........................

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
And blow the heads off and maybe smash the rods

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
already got that under control......built block..

·
Registered
585 Posts
it is gonna take ALOT to get 60 psi...... trust me!

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
Maybe a signature with your current mods and what kinda truck you got would keep down confusion.
Turbo, injectors, innercooler, and little things aint gonna hold over 60 psi boost.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
with the right head studs and fire rings.....the 445 block will hold any boost pressure....jus thos two will hold big boost, you have to have the accomdating moddifcations for evrything to work in conjuction but 60psi aint that far outta reach...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
and thats on a street diesel.........

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
well then you sound like you've already got all the answers...

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Why are you specifically looking to get 60psi of boost??

oh and ditto on filling out your sig...

·
Registered
578 Posts
Why would you ask what turbo to use if you won't listen to any of the suggestions? and after they make a statement you correct them....

Luke

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i jus wondering.....everyone thinks its gonna take a crap load of work to get big boost and from my experince i have to dissagree.........

1 - 20 of 26 Posts