Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2014 f350 56k miles all stock
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here. just picked this 2014 up with 56000k miles its cold here in Alaska currently was 0 when i made the video. I'm taking it back to the dealership since i have a 60-day 3000-mile warrantee . they dont seem to be the brightest was just trying to figure out if anyone has any ideas on it . im new to owning a 6.7 . i was a cummins guy before.

IMG 5769 1 - YouTube

·
Super Moderator
6,122 Posts
Does it go away as it starts to warm up? You will get some really fun turbo noises as the veins cycle in the cold. Gonna be even more amplified if you have an exhaust manifold leak. The 15+ 6.7s have a completely different turbo so mine sounds very different. But, when the veins close a few seconds after startup on a cold morning the whole neighborhood knows the White Whale is awake lol.

If it goes away after a couple minutes I wouldn't worry, it will yell at you if its below 0 lol.

Reactions: jms907

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Does it go away as it starts to warm up? You will get some really fun turbo noises as the veins cycle in the cold. Gonna be even more amplified if you have an exhaust manifold leak. The 15+ 6.7s have a completely different turbo so mine sounds very different. But, when the veins close a few seconds after startup on a cold morning the whole neighborhood knows the White Whale is awake lol.

If it goes away after a couple minutes I wouldn't worry, it will yell at you if its below 0 lol.

it goes away after its warm and i drive it for min. thanks for the response

·
Registered
344 Posts
Is it steady or does it fluctuate with rpm? Was your truck plugged in? Will it only go away after you drive or if it idles long enough will it go away? It almost sounds like a pump? How’s your power steering? Does the whine change if you turn wheel?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it does do it when its plugged in still and little bit of fluctuate when i rev it completely goes away once its nice and warm. i went down and talked to the powerstroke shop in anchorage today . they are going to do a inspection on it next Friday. they are gurus and have a record of being knowledgeable and honest. I'm going to pay them before taking it back to the dealership to fix it since the dealership that has to honor the 60day 3000 warrantee is a chevy dealership . ill let you guys know what they find thanks for the replies

·
Registered
344 Posts
Brave man. Make sure they don’t screw you for letting another company work on it since it sounds like a dealership warranty vs a ford warranty. I doubt anyone would , but if I was a slimy business I could easily say, we’ll we aren’t warrantying anything once it’s opened up by someone else, we don’t know what they did. Now if it’s merely a diagnostic thing and they said hey, your fan clutch is going, you could go back to the dealer abs say “I know my motors, it sounds like a fan clutch” haha

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Brave man. Make sure they don’t screw you for letting another company work on it since it sounds like a dealership warranty vs a ford warranty. I doubt anyone would , but if I was a slimy business I could easily say, we’ll we aren’t warrantying anything once it’s opened up by someone else, we don’t know what they did. Now if it’s merely a diagnostic thing and they said hey, your fan clutch is going, you could go back to the dealer abs say “I know my motors, it sounds like a fan clutch” haha
they are not going to open anything up only a look over inspection the owner of the company knows not to put a wrench on anything. the shop is different strokes of alaska and the owner is stand up guy, that's what im doing just getting the info from the powerstroke shop to go back to the dealership and tell them i know my **** dont tell me its a normal noise. i figured it was my best bet instead of trusting the dealership and driving myself crazy trying to figure it out and thinking worse case.

·
Super Moderator
6,122 Posts
Cold diesels will always complain, they all make some pretty obnoxious noises in sub zero temps.

·
Super Moderator
6,122 Posts
Hey, you don't own a 6.4... That right there should help you sleep at night lol.

• Haha

·
It is What IT is
1,761 Posts
it does do it when its plugged in still and little bit of fluctuate when i rev it completely goes away once its nice and warm. i went down and talked to the powerstroke shop in anchorage today . they are going to do a inspection on it next Friday. they are gurus and have a record of being knowledgeable and honest. I'm going to pay them before taking it back to the dealership to fix it since the dealership that has to honor the 60day 3000 warrantee is a chevy dealership . ill let you guys know what they find thanks for the replies
I assume you're talking about Different Strokes. I'm in Anchorage too. Be careful. The shop has changed quite a bit and the quality of work has gone down a fair amount. Even Alex left the shop and went to DTS on Dimond Blvd. PM me if you want more. I'd go to DTS if it was me. But I turn all my own wrenches. I buy the tools and get her dun!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I assume you're talking about Different Strokes. I'm in Anchorage too. Be careful. The shop has changed quite a bit and the quality of work has gone down a fair amount. Even Alex left the shop and went to DTS on Dimond Blvd. PM me if you want more. I'd go to DTS if it was me. But I turn all my own wrenches. I buy the tools and get her dun!

i turn my wrenches as well.i bought my house just for the shop it has , but the truck has a 60 day 3000 mile warranty so definitely want to fix it on their dollar not mine . and im new to powerstrokes .iv always been a cummins guy. i sent you a pm thanks for looking out .

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Miss my Cummins motor (06,06,15) but I love my new super duty cab and look. My 05 powerstroke was a joke

im with you! only reason i didnt go cummins again was because everything around the cumins was problem,we beat our superdutys hard at work and they hold up like champions. that and every one wants way more then their clapped out ram is worth

·
Registered
2011 F250 4x4 4 door long bed 6.7. 4" BDS lift 35X12.50X20 MT Baja Boss's. Fully deleted
3 Posts
New here. just picked this 2014 up with 56000k miles its cold here in Alaska currently was 0 when i made the video. I'm taking it back to the dealership since i have a 60-day 3000-mile warrantee . they dont seem to be the brightest was just trying to figure out if anyone has any ideas on it . im new to owning a 6.7 . i was a cummins guy before.

IMG 5769 1 - YouTube
I have got a weird whining noise in the past from the upper fuel filter. Have no idea why it does it

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
update . well the update is the dealership i bought it from sent it down to ford dealership and iv been without my truck for two weeks with no update.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts