Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Your on the right track. With the delete and turbo cleaning. See the links in my signature for more good info as well as the other link to my job. If this is an 05 or newer this IS the time to update the STC fitting on the HPOP, this is $60 from Ford. Going forward the best thing you can do is read, read and read some more and use the search box A LOT.

You will need a cooling system flush and get rid of that Ford Gold crap!! Do not put GREEN coolant back into a diesel. The chemical you want for the Flush is Restore and it is sold at most Cummins dealers. PGREENSVT has a great write up on this. The basic idea is drain your coolant refill with restore and water Drive for an hour or so then flush until its clean. I used swimming Pool test strips to check PH to make sure all the Restore was out. Then refill with a Caterpillar EC-1 rated Extended Life Coolant. Next a Coolant filter is needed. I used a BIG inline fuel filter in the 3/8 line from the Radiator to the degas tank. Search for ( El cheapo coolant filer ).

GOOD LUCK

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/ge...aned-turbo-welded-egr-cooler-closed-pics.html

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.