Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really debating which tunes to get.....

Stock Dpf Delete
40 RWHP
75 RWHP
120 RWHP
150 RWHP
175 RWHP
210 RWHP
250 RWHP

I haul a 12' foot box trailer every day it probably only weighs about 2k loaded maybe a little more so I'm wondering what a safe tune would be ?

I'm getting the 210 for sure. I'm gonna wait on the 250 until i feel like i have the drivetrain modified enough to handle the power .

I also need a tune for hauling around 13k .

All your opinions would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
818 Posts
120 175 210 and will purchase 250 at a later date:woot::woot:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which one are you gonna pull with ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
How many can you choose?

I would definitley go with stock delete, 75, 150, and 250. maybe 40 for towing the heavy trailer as well.

·
Registered
73 Posts
im gonna pick the 210 for just fun, since i have no transmission or other upgrades, i am scared of the 250. i am getting the 150 for towing up to 5000-6000 lbs and the 75 tune for towing the 13,000 + loads. i know this sounds like high horsepower for towing, but i talked to matt about this and he said he tows with the 210 and 150 tunes all the time with no problem. alot of it depends on where you live and where you tow. high altitudes and mountains may need a little lower tunes. matt said the key is to try the higher tune and just keep an eye on the egts. if they seem to be getting too high, drop down a tune. i have a magnaflow dual exhaust also, so i think with that and my cat and dfp delete pipe, i should be able to use the 75 tune without any problems on the heavy stuff.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Where can you buy these tunes and what programmer are you talking about? Are you talking about the new dashdaq?
Yeah, SPARTANS new DASHDAQ I will tow with the 120

·
Registered
818 Posts
I'm really debating which tunes to get.....

Stock Dpf Delete
40 RWHP
75 RWHP
120 RWHP
150 RWHP
175 RWHP
210 RWHP
250 RWHP

I haul a 12' foot box trailer every day it probably only weighs about 2k loaded maybe a little more so I'm wondering what a safe tune would be ?

I'm getting the 210 for sure. I'm gonna wait on the 250 until i feel like i have the drivetrain modified enough to handle the power .

I also need a tune for hauling around 13k .

All your opinions would be greatly appreciated

I would pull the 2K trailer with either 210 or 175, 13K may want the 75hp,maybe 120..

·
Registered
818 Posts
How many can you choose?

I would definitley go with stock delete, 75, 150, and 250. maybe 40 for towing the heavy trailer as well.
You get to choose 3 and then 250HP is an extra $199.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Are you guys doing full exhausts, or just delete pipe with rest stock?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm going with stacks

·
Registered
818 Posts
Are you guys doing full exhausts, or just delete pipe with rest stock?
I'm going stock out the rear, no reason to change, no performance gains and that way i can put the DPF on if need be

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
I'm going stock out the rear, no reason to change, no performance gains and that way i can put the DPF on if need be
Thinking about doing the same thing for now. I was planning on doing duals but it won't be as easy to switch out so eventually I'll go with a 4" single. I just don't want to have to clean up the stock pipe when I bring in for service and or have to explain why it has all that soot on it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
big island boy,

I here ya on the soot issue that was my thought( sir, why is there soot in your tailpipe these trucks have a dpf to prevent that---- NOT):hehe:

i'm going with a single 4'' also I may be hammered for this but, most likely the banks I like there tip the best.

Darrell

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
big island boy,

I here ya on the soot issue that was my thought( sir, why is there soot in your tailpipe these trucks have a dpf to prevent that---- NOT):hehe:

i'm going with a single 4'' also I may be hammered for this but, most likely the banks I like there tip the best.

Darrell
I like the looks of the Banks too. I don't like the price. It your truck and you only have to make yourself happy... so if you like it, go for it.:thumb:

·
Registered
818 Posts
Thinking about doing the same thing for now. I was planning on doing duals but it won't be as easy to switch out so eventually I'll go with a 4" single. I just don't want to have to clean up the stock pipe when I bring in for service and or have to explain why it has all that soot on it.
big island boy,

Darrell

:hehe::hehe: Luckie Me my buddy owns a Detail shop, and if you have never ACIDed your tail pipe, That chit will clean anything off, Makes it look NEW TOO!!:thumb::woot:

·
Registered
182 Posts
big island boy,

Darrell
I have my DPF delete and tuner arriving today and a Banks Monster Exhaust on order that should be arriving by Friday. There are alot of people who dislike Banks products but I have to admit they do offer quality products. If you look at there exhaust system online it is built similar to the stock exhaust.

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
There are alot of people who dislike Banks products but I have to admit they do offer quality products. If you look at there exhaust system online it is built similar to the stock exhaust.
Its not that a lot of people dislike his products, cuz your right his stuff is top notch when it comes to quality, fit and finish......its just that some times gets a real big head and kinda acts like he is the king and that just doesn't sit well with people................then you get the guys who are ill informed and have "banks everything" and think they are rolling around with 600 or 700 horses under the hood :doh:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Its not that a lot of people dislike his products, cuz your right his stuff is top notch when it comes to quality, fit and finish......its just that some times gets a real big head and kinda acts like he is the king and that just doesn't sit well with people................then you get the guys who are ill informed and have "banks everything" and think they are rolling around with 600 or 700 horses under the hood :doh:
I'll agree with you that he does get a big head and acts like the king. Luckily I'm not one of those types of guys that has "banks everything" :D. I'll have his exhaust on my truck but that's about it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts