Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

which truck would you buy?

Tags
6.4 new truck
2K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  lhsnbsaoa 
#1 ·
#2 ·
If you dont notice any driveability issues and the oasis report is normal. Id deal with the one in wildwood. Then delete kit, Tune it up , maybe another 100K miles of trouble free driving on it. Im the optomistic type until reality changes my outlook.

#3 ·
I think $36,000 is way too much for a truck with the miles it does have on it, offer the person $29,000 and if they won't play "WALK" my thought.
The other truck is OK priced, but do your homework and see what the history is on the truck.

#4 ·
what they want for the first one is what I paid out the door for my KR a little over a year ago with 33k miles on the truck... The truck market is better now than it was then, but I still think that price is a little high for those miles.

#5 ·
look at the degas bottle on that fx4 its wicked low...i would look at the green one personally if they dont want an arm and a leg...i bought my 08 in sig below for 28k with 55k miles on it king ranch loaded nav, sunroof the works about 6 months ago

#6 ·
You will get lots of opinions on this. I myself would pass on the Lou Fuze truck. I see that you are in Missouri and I would look at Olathe Ford in Olathe KS it is a suburb of Kansas City and that is where I bought my truck. I got a 2009 PSD FX4 fully loaded except camera and nav and I paid $38,000. for it. They sell a lot of trucks and they usualy deal pretty good on their trucks. I think if you are in the market and do not need one right away I think you could get a better deal.

Like I said you will get all kinds of opinions. Only you know what you are willing to pay and what you like and think is a good deal. You can also look for a certified used Ford F250 from a Ford dealer and they extend the engine warranty a year to 6 yr 100,000 and powertrain 6 yr 100,000. That is what I got on my truck because it was certified used. Good luck to you!

#7 ·
I like the green one only it almost to same as mine except It's a SRW.

#11 ·
Its the yellowish brown coolant bottle. There are min and max lines that you should be between. I think there has a been a lot of issues related to radiators that this bottle can be an indicator of. Also, i have been told if you run below the min line that you might suck air into the motor or some other horrible thing.

I have very little mechanical knowledge, but have been told to check that thing often and never let it get low.

#10 ·
The coolant resevoir or overflow bottle

#13 ·
6.4 w/ low coolant....and NO LEAKS!!!
not likely, it seems like 90% of the 08's had radiator leaks!!!
i know mine did when i got it

#14 ·
I had an 08 job 1 and the degas bottle stayed on the low side the entire time I owned it. Never has a radiator problem. I want to say that I heard ford adjusted the fill lines on the job2 and job 3 degas bottles because of people complaining about them being low all the time. My 2010 stays right in the middle. :dunno:

#16 ·
id personal go with the white one. is it just me or it the green one really sagging in the fromt?

#17 ·
the green one looks like its saggin alot more because it is a 350 lwb....look at mine stock in the sig below before i put my leveling kit on, mines a 350

#18 ·
Either will be fine as long as it has not been wrecked or abused. That coolant thing is pretty much the norm. There was a recall I believe on something to do with the coolant system on the job 1&2 (check to be sure).

My roomate works for A govt courier service that has some 6.4's in the fleet. The govt puts out all the service bulletins on the trucks they use, and their advice is usually spot on.
Full synthetic oil every 5k, (Not Rotella) it foams in a Powerstroke, and Lucas Fuel additive or U.S. Lube every other fill up.
The 6.4 is a really good motor, many with over 250k and no problems. You wont be disappointed.

I dont know about your budget but this is the best thing to do:
1: DPF delete and tune
2: EGR block off or delete
3: Better intake
4: 4 inch or bigger exhaust. (EBP) Exhaust back pressure robs a diesel of life and power.

#19 ·
i ended up purchasing the white truck because of the price. i found out the radiator had already been replaces, so im not worried about that. filled up the bottle and the level has stayed the same. i have already done dpf delete, tuner, and intake and i am nothing but pleased. thanks for the input everybody!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.