Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a 08 w/ a 2" ready lift, and currently run 35" BFG A/T's. Im looking to get a different a/t tire b/c these didn't last long at all. I am open to run 37's if they ride good, but i had a couple sets of 37's and never could get them balanced right. I need some advice on a good tire thats 12.5" wide on a 20" factory rim, Thanks for any suggestions!

·
Registered
263 Posts
I've seen several people running the Nitto Trail Grappler and Toyo M/T in a 37" with factory 20" wheels. More aggressive than an A/T tire though.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Toyo is 13.5"'wide. I think the NItto is a little more narrow. Might be 12.5"

·
Registered
415 Posts
dick cepecks? fc-2s are good tire, all terrain

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Cooper STTs !!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Cooper STTs !!!
on another note. . . never buy a cooper tire!!!!

your BFG, and the Toyo A/T both are great tires. that sucks you had a bad experience with them. try Toyo

·
Registered
25 Posts
Cooper fan, Tread is almost the same as a Toyo, and cheaper. I have a set of 35x12.5 on my wrangler over half worn, balanced good and are still kinda quiet for a MT. I know the wrangler is a little lighter:rofl:than my SD, but they have worn well, have good grip. But they did chunk a little on two trips over the Rubicon.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
ive had my STTs 4 quite a while...rotate every 5k miles...no probs...luv them !!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the response! I don't mind running a mud tire if they really stay balanced (hate the steering wheel shake, even w/ my three stabilizers). I also like the look of the cooper but my buddy has em on a dually (33's) and his shakes pretty bad, but he probably never had em balanced knowing him. I like the look of the toyo's and micky thomspons has anyone ever run the ATZ or MTZ's?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I love my Toyos. Never had a balance problem either. :)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Mickey Thompsons are great if you are off road quite a bit. Their tire is pretty soft, but looks great.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
so for asking, but does the size make a huge difference in how a tire rides....never been then big in tires...my little truck the biggest i got was 285/70/17 so a fake 33, is it gonna matter really....Im torn between 33s and 35s...both 12.5

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have 37x13.5x20 Toyo MT's on factory KR 20's. They ride almost as good as stock. I've put 25,000 miles on them and they have held up well. They still ride great. No problems with balancing.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I know you can get the Nitto dune grappler's in a 37x12.5x20, Ive always thought they were kind of cool, different than everything else.
Not sure on the ride or anything, I've never had any experience with them. Maybe someone could chime in on them.

·
I am that hot
1,762 Posts
I hate my coopers, got 20000 miles out of them with regular rotation. Big disappointment.

·
Registered
808 Posts
i have 33" micky thompson MTZ and i like these alot, a little pricy, but they perform and they look real good. only problem i have is they are D load range on a !!,000 lb truck. messed up one on a curb but other than that i like them. im probably gonna go back to all terrains after these though

1 - 20 of 26 Posts