Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting the SCT delete tune and pipe Wednesday. I have a F450 with 430 gears and AT. I pull a heavy 5th wheel (15,000 lbs.). I really dont want to be switching to different tunes all the time. I am primarly buying this for better MPG ( currently get 11.5 dry 8.5 pulling 5th wheel) What settings do you recommend? THANKS

·
Registered
387 Posts
Extreme tune will get you the best mileage. I used all of them and the more HP there was the better mpg's.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have been using the 85 horse tune towing up to 22k pounds fairly short disatances 15 to 30 miles... I dont have guages installed yet, but feel comfortable in doing this. With your steeper gears I wouldnt hesitate a bit staying with the 85 tune... but with guages. Only concern I have had is when on the interstate up hills and what not it can peg the factory boost guage for awhile 40 psi on stock head bolts might lead to a disaster... then again they were built to hit that kind of boost :dunno:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is the 85 HP there Tow/Haul tune?

·
Registered
100 Posts
No the tow/haul tune is the 45hp tune and I honestly cant tell much difference between that and the 85 tune... they both smoke about the same, and seat o'pants feels about the same

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.