Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've tossing the idea around about replacing the Titan and doing a d-max swap in it...I finally decided not to, but....

Here's the question...

This is going to be posted on Cumminsforum.com and Duramaxforum.com too...

No Bias, actual fact, a New 6.7L cummins, the New 6.4L Powerstroke, or the new 6.6 Duramax... which truck do I buy? I just want facts and people's experience to help me determine... None of this "its a Ford, buy it" arguments or visa versa...

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
So I've tossing the idea around about replacing the Titan and doing a d-max swap in it...I finally decided not to, but....

Here's the question...

This is going to be posted on Cumminsforum.com and Duramaxforum.com too...

No Bias, actual fact, a New 6.7L cummins, the New 6.4L Powerstroke, or the new 6.6 Duramax... which truck do I buy? I just want facts and people's experience to help me determine... None of this "its a Ford, buy it" arguments or visa versa...

It's a ford buy it:hehe: Sorry I had too you know someone else will too but I wanted to be first.

Honestly I would rather have a 7.3L then any new engine.

·
The Fat Mod
12,508 Posts
I know all of them were having their problems at first. As you probably know, the fords are getting the bugs worked out now. As for the others I am not sure. I don't like a dodge truck, I don't think the Chebbys look too bad, but I am still a ford man. With the new stuff coming out for the 6.4 though, sounds like it will be hard to beat.

·
Premium Member
5,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a ford buy it:hehe: Sorry I had too you know someone else will too but I wanted to be first.

Honestly I would rather have a 7.3L then any new engine.

lol...d!ck...lol

I've seen all three running uncorked, and they are all insane...They all ride very nice, they all look really cool, and they all have a good amount of mods available... :doh: I can't decide...and even with looking at all three bumpers for the, I still cant decide, we dod to well in designing them, lol... I need others input!!!

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
I have been in the chevys and if your a big guy like me it will get uncomfortable quick. Because you will be right up against the dash. I hated it I felt like if I was in an accident I would be face planted into the dashboard.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
We have some Chevy's at work. I don't like them for a lot of reasons. I have an old 1995 that I do like.

The Ford looks better.

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
I am 6'4" bigcountry and what year are the chubby at your work david
I am 6'4" and 260 Get a Chevy and bang your knees on the dash a couple times even with the seat all the way back and you will see why I don't like them

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
We have from 05 and up.

The 05 I'm driving looks OK (the front bumper needs some serious help) in my opinion but there are a lot of electrical problems with all of the 04 thru 06 models. Starting to have a lot of 4wd problems on them with just 100k miles. Front ends parts are all needing to be replaced.

These trucks see a lot of off road use but I do think the Ford is a tougher truck. The company I worked for a few years ago used all PSD's with little problems.

The new body style is just ugly in my opinion. The bumper helps but not enough to make me want one. We have not seen a lot of problems with them yet. Still new.

The Chevrolet probably rides better on a rough road. Guess you can't realistically have the toughest truck be the best riding one. The Ford still rides great.

I have not looked very seriously at a Dodge in 25 years or so.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
I can't say I'm unbiased. I bought a Ford.

The engine is a crap shoot on any of them in my opinion. For every one with a problem there are a lot with none, any model.

·
Registered
64 Posts
a friend owns a body shop and sees a lot of wrecked trucks. he feels the fords have better frames than chevy or dodge. less damage in similar wrecks. he just feels the fords have stronger chassis and frames. with this bias, he always buys fords.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts