Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cant pick if i want to put an edge evolution chip in or get a 6 pos for less money?? Or does any else have any ideas ??

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!
6,024 Posts
Get the 6 position.... but not from TS, get it from a custom tuner, Tony wildman, PHP, gearhead, swamps, beans, BTS........ DO NOT get an edge it will trash your trans

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh really? I heard the edges were the **** for these trucks. What tunes should i program tho? I want it to smoke a bit an increase HP a bit it.tows alot to and get some economy. Some recommended 2 smoke 2 economy 1 tow amd 1 medium performance

·
Registered
662 Posts
without sticks your not gonna "smoke" any..and smoke is looked down upon around here. its wasted fuel and just makes you look like you dont know how to tune a truck. go with PHP. they are good

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Php or beans get my vote.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Oh, and don't get even 1 smoke tune let alone 2...

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya i dont get it its looked down on big time with powerstrokes but with the cummins trucks it's looked for. And what are sticks? I want the truck to smoke a little just enough to get the guy riding my *** off

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I havent been able to find anything on beans. Any florida guys that you know off?

·
Registered
662 Posts
by sticks i mean bigger injectors...yeah and cummins guys love smoke and you see what we all think of them soo yeah...smoke is wasted fuel and power

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Ya i dont get it its looked down on big time with powerstrokes but with the cummins trucks it's looked for. And what are sticks? I want the truck to smoke a little just enough to get the guy riding my *** off

It's looked for because they are idiots who stack everything and know nothing about true performance. They think smoke it tons of power.

I havent been able to find anything on beans. Any florida guys that you know off?

Let me google that for you

Oh really? I heard the edges were the **** for these trucks. What tunes should i program tho? I want it to smoke a bit an increase HP a bit it.tows alot to and get some economy. Some recommended 2 smoke 2 economy 1 tow amd 1 medium performance

You heard that edge was awesome because you talk to the Dodge guys (see above)
Two smoke tunes? They are fracking idiots.
You need a tow, street, high idle, and stock. That's it.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well i live in Florida soo high idle is pointless. What about like medium high hp

·
Registered
692 Posts
Well i live in Florida soo high idle is pointless.

unless you want to use it to boost your AC ouput while sitting still, and if you got a 6 position chip you will have 6 different tunes to choose from. most will have multiple HP settings.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ya thats what im thinkin. Or moderate towing, city driving, one smoke just because, one medium hp, whisper, and stock

Who makes one that is good for these positions??

·
Registered
692 Posts
Ya thats what im thinkin. Or moderate towing, city driving, one smoke just because, one medium hp, whisper, and stock

Who makes one that is good for these positions??

all the ones who have been mentioned are good.
try Google with these:
Power Hungry Performance
Beans Diesel Performance
Tony Wildman
Swamps Diesel Performance
DP Tuner
Tyrant Diesel

And many Custom Tuners do not offer smoke tunes any more.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm liking the way the beans ones are sounding there affordable

1 - 20 of 34 Posts