Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trading my atv for one of these hopefully, which one do ya'll think? The black one is a 88 with fuel injection and seems to be a nicer vehicle and I'd rather buy one from an individual instead of a car lot. The Brown 86 looks like it might be a little rougher vehicle but can't really tell. I'm leaning more toward the black 88. 1988 k-5 blazer
Cars For Sale: Car Details - AutoTrader.com

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Probably get more background info on the 88 since you'll be dealing with a person and not a dealership. The more you know about a truck the better off ya are.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the 88 has power everything, working ac, cd player 4 6x9 speakers, headers, flowmasters, 35" BFG all terrain's, the 86, engine sounds good and the car lot says everything but the ac works, but they got it from a auction so I'm sure they don't know much about it.

·
Infidel
5,166 Posts
Do a carfax on both vehicles. But just from what you have said I'd go with the 88'. Just my opinion.

Craig

·
Super Moderator
31,744 Posts
I would go for the black one

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
check to see which one of them has a broken frame. almost every 80's lifted chebby ive looked at has an either broken or cracked from. esp. if it was at an auction. persoanly your better fidning one that hasnt been wheeled ever and build it up reinforcing the frame as you work your way up to buildin a wheeler.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yep, your right, around the steering box, I've seen some broke with small tires and I've seen other's with big tires still holding strong, I can always buy the frame brace or just have my welder box it in for me

·
Super Moderator
31,744 Posts
good point on the frame brace. My 92 K1500 broke at the idler arm

·
Registered
521 Posts
I can get a Bronco for a good deal if your interested. It belonges to my ex and is in really good shape.

+ you are still in a Ford

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I really want a K5, thanks, plus I have to trade my atv for it, no cash to play with

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was a member over there long before I was a member here. I just really never get on there. I might now though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts