Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What is the best intake for the new 6.4's? Kinda thinking of the dry aFe stage 2. Heard some problems with warning lights with others.

Also looking for a good dual stainless exhaust. Kinda steering for the banks but would like others info!

Thanks!:thumb:

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
I have the RBP exhaust like it...looks good and fit good. The exhaust is not going to net you any gains without taking the DPF off, and its not going to change the sound at all...the stock system is a straight thru design, theres no muffler...the "muffler" on the pipe is fake, I dunno why its even there, cause its just pipe straight thru it.

I have the AFE 7 layer filter, but had I know about the S&B I would have gotten it instead.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I got the S&B intake but don't know how to rate it w/ the others. I just felt partial to the design, it's more closed off from the engine compartment. Just seemed like it would be getting more cold air. Came w/ the intake tube too for a fair price.

·
Registered
24 Posts
What was the price on the S&B? where did you get it, and how was the install? Do you think that you gained anything from having it in there... horse power that is...

·
Registered
22 Posts
I bought mine directly form S&B, it was 269+ shipping which was like 11. I did the dpf delete, S&B intake, and the SCT extreme race tune @ the same time so i couldn't honestly tell you. But i'm sure it helps.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Was the install pretty easy? are you getting a lot of smoke or not??

·
Registered
22 Posts
The install is very easy, about 30 min. Med smoke off the start but burns very clean after the turbos spool up. It is nothing compared to the smoke of my 05 cummins.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts