Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to upgrade my injectors. Thinking either "Baby Swamps" from Swamps or Stage 1's from Beans. Whichever I go with, I will have them reburn my chip. They are pretty close to same on pricing so that doesnt matter. Just wondering some opinions on which would be better for the money.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just looking for a little more power without having to upgrade the hpop and turbo right away. Thats why I am just going to the stage 1's. Just didnt know who is better, or if there is even a differance in them.

·
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!
6,024 Posts
For the price go with stage 1s. Turbo will be fine, hpop will need upgraded and so will fuel system. Even with baby swamps you will need hpop and fuel. The upgrade can be a 17* out of a SD should do just fine for either.

Auto or 5 speed?

·
Registered
486 Posts
They are both great options, Do research on which ones you want from people that have personally ran them not people that just read reviews. Who are you going to have do your tuning?

·
Registered
387 Posts
I agree. I would say either 160cc or 180cc stage 1 injectors. I researched the daylights out of the same subject and settled on 160cc 30% over injectors but, I was convinced to get the 175cc 30% over injectors when I was ordering. Personally, I would go with 180cc stage ones from a reputable dealer that offers supporting custom tunes tailored for your specific setup.

·
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!
6,024 Posts
Wait... are baby swamps 140s or 175s? I may be thinkin of the tranny savers

·
Registered
387 Posts
The Baby Swamps are 150cc injectors with stock nozzles.

150/146 "Baby Swamp" Single-Shot Injectors, Tow (Mild Street) - Swamp's Diesel Performance

I ended up getting the size belowthrough Nate at Unlimited Diesel. The lifetime warranty and not having to send in a core charge help make the decision to go with Unlimited Diesel for me.

175/30% single shot injectors (94-97 NON California vehicles) - Swamp's Diesel Performance

There is one in the middle as well. It would be a 175 or 180cc with stock nozzles. I believe the would be a great way to go.

Oh yeah, there are 160cc/30% over injectors as well that are between the ones list directly above and the 175/30 over I ended up getting.

You really need to determine your horsepower target before you start. I wanted to be able to make 400 rea wheel horse power. I could have done that with 160/30 over injectors but, went with 175/30 over just to be sure I meet my goal.

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
Is it really necessary to upgrade fuel with the baby swamps? I was just looking at them and seriously considering them. I am not up on performance stuff, so I am just wondering. I figured on upgrading the hpop and and intercooler if I did them and maybe a D66 too, not sure on doing the turbo though. This is all in the future, but don't want to do it and find out they wouldn't work. I am not looking for a ton of power, but just to have a little fun with them.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I have Rosewood stage ones on stock fuel and turbo with 17* HPOP. The truck runs great. Fuel pressure will hang in there at around 35-40psi in the big tune. I have no intercooler either. PHP tunes.

·
Registered
387 Posts
You'll have plenty of fuel for stage ones. If there is a question, you can alwasy add a BB to your FPR or swap to the California FPR spring for a little more consistancy with the fuel pressure like I did.

However, if you plan to do the HPOP and an intercooler you will have the potential for more horsepower than the stage ones provide. It's entirely up to you. Read everyhting you can find on the topic and buy accordingly.

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
That is good info, I plan on doing tons and tons of reading and learning more about the performance end of things, now I am pretty much lost and don't have too much interest in it. I think a little bit more power would be kind of fun and show a couple people in town up that drive past my house ALL THE TIME who think their generic TS chip is awsome. Idiots.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thought stage 1's used less oil so why would you need to upgrade your HPOP??

·
Registered
380 Posts
I dont know how much you are looking to spend but if you are planning on upgrading fuel, oil, turbo, trans later down the road go as big as you want and have them tuned for stage one or stage twos, If you dont have a tune provider that offers free reburns then now is the time to switch because everything you upgrade you can have your chip reburned for it for max HP. so something big like injector upgrades, turbo, oil, fuel to as small as a overboost kit, IDM mod, valve body its free to update tunes, or if you get a tune and you dont like it then send it back for a new one.
As for compatibility with parts stock fuel, oil, turbo will handle stage ones with no problem, just go to ford and order the cali spring kit for your FPR to keep pressure in check in hot tunes, and you wont have a problem for a couple weeks... then you will be wanting for power lol :woot:

some people will argue on this but i believe in it because i saw a difference. but with a chip you build up more soot in your EBPV tube and it does hurt performance/milage somehow idk how but it does. IMO

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My truck has a auto trans but has been built. Has triple disc converter. Wanting 350-400hp. Picking up a intercooler this weekend and 17* hpop is in the works.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Called and talked to both at Swamps and Beans today. Think I'm going with the Baby Swamps. 5 yr or 200,000 mile warranty and free burn on my chip, plus dont have to pay core charge up front made the differance. Both claim about the same power, but a little cheaper and better warranty made the differance to me. Your talking 150 or a 160, not much differance in size. Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Sounds like a great decision!

Not having to pay the core up front can change the entire course of ones decision making.

·
Registered
380 Posts
cool... warranty is nice.
have you drove a truck with those injectors?
just make sure they will give you the power you are looking for, I have bought items then later replaced them again for bigger better parts ended up spending more money to get me to the power i was searching for. Im still planning on a t4 mount turbo as the d66 has limited me to below 450hp mark

·
Registered
387 Posts
My goal was a measly 400 hp. but, I shot for 425 with my injectors just to make sure I was confident I make 400hp.

I think a D66 will be perfect for my application.

Just to let you know...Unlimited Diesel injectors have a "lifetime" warranty. Read below:

http://www.unlimiteddiesel.com/7.3injectorwarranty.pdf

1 - 20 of 32 Posts