Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My E-350 was manufactured 6/00, I bought it new and the injectors have never been removed until I pulled them a year ago. Story goes like this, #4 injector seals blow no oil pressure van no longer runs. against everyone's recommendation I had an unnamed shop reman them. I sent them my cores with the request to get my cores back. Got them, installed them, engine never "cleared" up, it ran like air in system or white smoke rich. drove it maybe 500miles. Buzz tested, 6 & 7 didn't buzz "right". company sent 2 replacements, put them in and it ran worse. after about 60 miles just completely died. 6&7 buzzed very bad again. Pissed off and sick of 5 hour injector changes I parked it and bought an Astro van. Well 2 weeks ago it was cool and I didn't have anything else to do I pulled the valve covers again to study/fix the situation. here's what I found. All of the injectors that came in the original set of 8 were AA injectors and the 2 replacements were AD injectors. All 3 of the local shops and the place I had reman "my" cores said they should be split shot AD's that the single shot AA's were not installed after '97. Is this right or did vans get old style AA's?

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Probably AE injectors. BUT you have to pull the valve cover to see exactly which ones, they say on top. I know that sounds like a blast on a van :tard: but that's the only way to know for sure.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they are pulled. they were all AA's except the 2 "replacements". the shop that remaned them says they rebuilt my cores. I don't see how it is possible that AA cores came out of my 2000 van that i've owned since it had 6 miles on it! I think they pulled a set of AA's off their shelf or got my cores switched with someone elses. Everyone and all I've read says 2000 will have AD's no way AA's

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Absolutely right I wouldn't believe they're AA's unless your van has an OBS 7.3 in it ... :dunno:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts