Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im going to be buying a set of halo's for my stroker and I was wandering which hid's should i get, 6,000 8,000 or 10,000k? I want something that's a little blue but not something that cop's would get pissed:thumb about:thumb: thanks

·
Diesel Freak
713 Posts
I have 4300k projector conversion they are bright as you can get no blue really at all you are probably going to want to do some research abd look at a color scale higher the number after 4300k I believe the less bright or actual usable light is produced good luck!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think im going to go with 6000 because I want the brightest but a little blue at the same time

·
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel
4,156 Posts
Go with 5,000... Cheap bulbs lose they're color and turn more blue and blue as time goes on

Sent from iPhone

·
Diesel Freak
713 Posts
Theres a pic in my green and white truck album with my new cab lights and my HID Conversion cab lights are almost brighter with 17 LEDs each

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Almost look green. But its a blue tint. They r ddmtuning 6k raptors. With out projectors ***gasp***

·
Registered
496 Posts
I recently bought a set of 10k projectors for my bike.. honestly I think it also depends what set you buy as far as what the final color is gonna be. The ballasts are different with every seller. Check out eBay. That's what I did. Some sellers have pictures showing the difference in the light colors.. I paid around $100 for a set of 3. You might be able to get a set pretty cheap these days ESP since u really don't need to worry about how big the ballasts are.. YouTube is also another good place to look and see what the colors are like.

·
BANNED by Kris
6,317 Posts
To compare with vandy I also have a set from DDMtuning. Mine are 55w, Hi-Low option, and the digital ballasts and my 8000k's are almost pure white. I'll get picks tonight.

·
Diesel Freak
713 Posts
My 4300K retrofit projectors from retrofitsource

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
To compare with vandy I also have a set from DDMtuning. Mine are 55w, Hi-Low option, and the digital ballasts and my 8000k's are almost pure white. I'll get picks tonight.
oh yeah and mine are 35w not the 55. from what i understand a 35w 6kl is pretty close to a 55w 8k

how long have you had yours bigfuel? ive heard the 55s get hot and have melted housings? i was always to chicken to run them

·
BANNED by Kris
6,317 Posts
Ok, got some answers and some pics.

I've had mine for only a couple months and I don't do a lot of night driving. I picked the 55w because my mechanic (yes for the most part I don't wrench on my own anymore. I like the troubleshooting but my hands and knees just can't do the time) has been using the 55's on his OBS for years with no issues. Also DDM "claims" (take it for what it's worth, they are just trying to make a sale) that the 55's produce 40% more light. Since this is my only set I don't really know. Ok the pics:

Just a hint of blue (8000k)

Beam. It's not a great pic but should suffice

This is after a thirty minute drive home

1 - 13 of 13 Posts