Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys. Looking at gauges for my truck but don't know which ones. :dunno: I have had ISSPRO before and liked them, but I want something that matches my factory instrument cluster. I was looking at the Autometer GS series. Post up some pics of your gauges with the lights on and off so I can try to decide. I am going to run 4 gauges in the truck. Any info and pics would be appreciated.

·
Registered
361 Posts

autometer GS series, waiting for funding for the last one:hehe:

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
I've got the Dipricol guages. They match the dash lights almost perfectly.

I dont have a picture of them at night, but i'll take one for you tonight:thumb:

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
I have Diprocol too. I love em...closest to factory as you can get.
Good luck

later

Tough to see the daytime pic, but here it is..

And at night...

·
Registered
750 Posts
Here's mine...a little bit off at night, but I like the LED that lights up when I go over my high egt setting.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good luck

later

And at night...

Where can I find these gauges? I like the looks of those a lot. May be what I go with. Thanks for the pics.

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Here's mine...a little bit off at night, but I like the LED that lights up when I go over my high egt setting.

what brand gauge is this you have above?

·
Registered
750 Posts
Speedhut. Not really popular on here, but you can customize the faces, heck, they'll put your name on it if you want...lol

·
Banned
1,089 Posts
I've got Autometer Cobalts - look close to factory and way better looking than the plain Optix during the day IMO, but have a blue glow instead of green at night..

they do look cool IMO and anyone else who has seen them in person! Will get pics tomorrow if possible!

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Dang that was a heck of a crash in your SIG is your Co-worker okay
Yeah, he's fine, wasn't scrated or anything. it actually wasn't nearly as bad as it looks. It layed over pretty softly. All they had to do was put a new passenger side door and mirror, hood, stack, and i believe the tarp bar got bend as well. But that was it. Well, and somehow the windshielf broke:dunno: i guess from the force of the layover, i dunno.

Good luck

later

And at night...

Well, i guess i dont need to take a picture.

Kind funny, i have my guages in the exact same order as yours. EGT, boost, and trans on the bottom. Great minds think alike i reckon:hehe:

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Where can I find these gauges? I like the looks of those a lot. May be what I go with. Thanks for the pics.
I got mine here...Ford Great customer service here, talk to Kash, good guy. Or i'm sure a lot of the vendors here carry them, they are pretty easy to find.
Good luck

I've got Autometer Cobalts - look close to factory and way better looking than the plain Optix during the day IMO, but have a blue glow instead of green at night..
I have to disagree here. I looked at the cobalts, and aside from the huge price tag the thing that turned me off to them was that they do not look factory. Especially at night. The optix may look plain, but so is the factory dash. They do look cool don't get me wrong, I like the blue backlighting on them.

Great minds think alike i reckon:hehe:
:thumb: What's the second half of that saying? oh yeah! Great minds think alike, but fools seldom differ...:doh::doh:

later

·
Banned
1,089 Posts
I have to disagree here. I looked at the cobalts, and aside from the huge price tag the thing that turned me off to them was that they do not look factory. Especially at night. The optix may look plain, but so is the factory dash. They do look cool don't get me wrong, I like the blue backlighting on them.

I got a decent deal on mine, but like I said, its all in opinion -- I like the look of mine over the optix, which is why I didn't even consider the optix.. just too plain for me - although I do agree that they are probably the closest you can get to a "factory" looking guage..

and you got to remember when comparing guages, not all are the same -- some may be electric, some manual, then you have to look at full sweep or 90* sweep -- the electric, full sweep guages (such as the cobalts) will be more expensive than an electric, 90* sweep or a manual set of guages...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts