Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I have a 1996 f-250 with Axel's out of what I believe to be a 99 to 03 super duty. It is time to replace the u joints in her but I am unaware if the type of axel I have. the reason I am asking y'all for help is because my locking hubs do not look like any of my friends trucks. (1999 f250- and 2003 f250 both SRW)
Could I just have different locking hubs?

Got the truck last year with the swap all ready done to her.

Thanks

:confused:

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
The bad news is that eariler super duties had a D50 and later ones had a D60. The good news is that the ujoint, knuckle, stub and everything else outside the C are the same. There are many choices of lockouts so don't worry abou that, just get a good Spicer ujoint for that year range and press them in.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok will do thanks,

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
got some pic's .....is there any way of telling what type of hubs i have? The reason i ask is because i can take the axel shaft where it goes into wheel bearing and move it all around. There is no play in the wheel bearing but there is a lot of play in the axel shaft at the wheel bearing?? Possibly the hubs are bad or loose.

Attachments

·
Registered
242 Posts
Theres an inner bearing in the unit bearing. The inner bearing holds the axle shaft. Its common for them to go bad. I have one thats bad on my truck currently.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts