Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which exhaust to buy? mbrp or diamond eye? Can you tell a difference in these 2 exhaust companys? also can you tell a difference in the sound of a 4" and a 5" exhaust?

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
You should get stacks.

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
I have a diamondeye on my truck it was very easy to install, but I would think they are all pretty similar as far as installation goes, I just got that because it was cheaper

and yes you can tell the difference in sound between a 4 and 5 inch a 5 will have a deeper tone

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had stacks on my last truck. I don't care for them. They make it hard to keep the truck clean. I'm thinking about going with diamond eye not sure if I want 4" or 5" anyone have a video of the sound of 4 and 5" exhaust?

·
Registered
425 Posts
i have a diamond eye 4" straight pipe i put on my truck, it was fairly easy to install, and man does it sound great, its pretty good quality too, i got it for aorund 300$ too!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Diamond eye said you have to buy the kit with the muffler and then buy the straight pipe seperate. Does that sound right?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When you buy a exhaust kit does it delete the convertor off to?

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
I know that it did not on mine I had to buy a delete pipe for that too, not sure about the newer 7.3s though

·
Registered
7 Posts
get the cheapest u can buy, they are all the same if you are deleting the muffler, lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts