Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to add a free flowing exhaust to my truck 7.3 but I don't want the drone at highway speeds. On a previous truck (Kodiak 4500) I added a magnaflow exhaust and the drone at hiway speeds was terrible. Any suggestions. I like the diesel sound I just don't want the loud drone at hiway speeds.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I did the muffler delete mod and its not that bad in the cab. Some people suggest the walker big truck muffler for sound if you want a muffler on your truck.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I want to add a free flowing exhaust to my truck 7.3 but I don't want the drone at highway speeds. On a previous truck (Kodiak 4500) I added a magnaflow exhaust and the drone at hiway speeds was terrible. Any suggestions. I like the diesel sound I just don't want the loud drone at hiway speeds.
I have the MBRP on mine. I do not notice any "drone" on the highway. In fact, I recently dumped it right past the axle just bc it wasn't very loud(and it looks better).

The 7.3, IMO just isn't very loud period. I think you could probably get any free flowing exhaust system with a muffler and it wouldn't be too loud for you.

·
Premium Member
2,374 Posts
We have not had any drone issues with Magnaflow or MBRP on the the 7.3L trucks. The Magnaflow kits are actually a little more quiet than MBRP as well. You cant make a wrong choice with either system though. Let me know if you have any questions or if youd like a quote on one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts