Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
any 3" downpipe is the same really. I have the diamond eye one that came with my 5" kit. I believe the MBRP one can be had for $80-90

·
Diesel Freak
713 Posts
Alligator diamoneye stainless ;)

·
BANNED by Kris
6,317 Posts
Two-piece!

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
I like and have only installed the Diamond Eye, I would recommend them. I have heard some mixed reviews about the MBRP, another option is the Tymar downpipe, heard good about that.

·
Diesel Freak
713 Posts
Yes two piece and ive had bout stainless and aluminized stainless was easier to slip together the aluminized wasnt expanded enough where the two pieces go together.

·
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!
6,024 Posts
Heard lots of bad things about MBRP... go DE, or TYMAR, i have a tymar on my truck. Fits great! The only thing i didn't like was how the flange was welded on the top. Was gonna clean it up with a ie grinder but didn't see it till after i ceramic coated it. Tymar is also the only one that i know of that expands to 4" once space permits...

Got a new operating system on my phone, so i cant figure out how to copy and paste links, otherwise i would post some pics

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
Is everything usually included in these kits or is there other stuff that I will need to buy?
As far as what? If you are talking about just the downpipe, should only have a clamp and maybe a couple bolts to bolt up to the cat.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Whats out there that will fit around a ZF5 without having to bend the **** out of it?

·
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!
6,024 Posts
Dale at tymar performance sells the tymar pipe. I bought a stepped band clamp to clamp the 2 piece pipe together so i could get it back apart need be, and since the tymar pipe comes with a 4" id outlet so the 4" pipe slid right in and another band clamp to connect it up and a nice clean install.

U have to call him, he doesn really have a web site

·
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!
6,024 Posts
Dont wana go around spitting out prices of vendors stuff................
But........
$150 i think

·
Diesel Freak
713 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
^ that's not what I wanted to hear haha im really contemplating just leaving it alone and doing a down pipe back. How much am I really leaving on the table by skipping the dp?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using AutoGuide.com App

·
Diesel Freak
713 Posts
MEH have you seen the darned thing? Probably the worst engineered part on the whole truck :facepalm:

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
^ that's not what I wanted to hear haha im really contemplating just leaving it alone and doing a down pipe back. How much am I really leaving on the table by skipping the dp?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using AutoGuide.com App
In reality, it isn't really necessary to change it, think about how many are still completely stock out there. For the time it takes to change it and if you are already doing exhaust, you might as well just do it, it isn't as bad as some make it sound.

·
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!
6,024 Posts
Yea.. the hardest part i thought was cutting thru it to get the old one out

·
Diesel Freak
713 Posts
Yea.. the hardest part i thought was cutting thru it to get the old one out
It just takes the right sawzall blade like a 8" or 12" and a long 48" prybar

1 - 20 of 36 Posts