Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the touch screen sct now, I was just considering selling it and buying the cheaper sct and a better set of gauges (mechanical or electronic device). i will also have the php gryphon soon. so with having that, what would you buy? or should i just keep the sct 8900? do the other ones read things my sct doesnt? thanks. pics of your setup or explanation why would be great.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I run the Edge CTS for all gauges and pyro.. (Because of the ALERT feature) And about to install a pillar with a fuel pressure guage. I want to keep it simple and have everything monitored , without all the old school mechanical gauges lined up from top to bottom.

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Currently utilizing;
SCT.- ECM
PHP GRYPHON - FICM
CTS w/ EGT - MONITORING

GPDA Member...

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
I have the touch screen sct now, I was just considering selling it and buying the cheaper sct and a better set of gauges (mechanical or electronic device). i will also have the php gryphon soon. so with having that, what would you buy? or should i just keep the sct 8900? do the other ones read things my sct doesnt? thanks. pics of your setup or explanation why would be great.
If I were in your situation and wanted to do it cheap, keep what you have and just get a analog fuel psi gauge and EGT for your SCT. Use your SCT to monitor the everyday temps, then use the Gryphon to check your FICM every once in a while.

If you were to sell your current SCT and go with a X3, then you would also need to buy new tunes because the tune writers lock your tunes to the SCT device serial number.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts