Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is you guy's mounting the removed EGR valve?

I found an extra threaded hole in the intake elbow and tried there. 5 or 6 months later I found the valve lying ontop of the engine. The ear/tab on the valve had broken off.

So where to mount so as it will stay?

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
You can just leave it in the OEM position, it doesn't need to be removed when you do an EGR delete.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Uh, ya lost me.

Isn't the removing of the valve the "delete"?

Maybe you're thinking of an EGR cooler delete.

I haven't removed the cooler yet, just the valve.

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
No, the delete is removing the EGR cooler, the cooler is the part that can rupture which lets coolant leak into the intake manifold and then into the cylinders.
If you haven't deleted the EGR cooler do you have it blocked off, or did you just buy one of those EGR valve block off spools that replaces the valve?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah the latter. I don't have any egr action, don't have to clean the egr valve and no hot exhaust gasses going through the cooler.

I have an oil leak, and it may turn out to be the oil cooler seals. If so, the intake has to come off and I'll do the cooler delete then. For now just the EGR delete has been done.

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
I believe you are misunderstanding what the device you bought does. If you just bought an EGR blockoff you are just preventing the exhaust gasses from entering the intake. Unless you block off the EGR cooler where it connects to the uppipe you willl still have hot exhaust gasses entering the EGR cooler, they just end up deadheading at the valve and they can still cause your EGR to rupture.

I would look at doing a complete EGR delete if you get in your motor to completely take care of the issue.

·
Registered
111 Posts
if he's blocking off the EGR Valve and still letting the exaust into the cooler, would'nt that give him a higher chance of rupturing his cooler since the exaust just gets pushed in thier and doesnt get cycled at all, making the cooler run hotter than normal ?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Without exhaust gases flowing through, but coolant still flowing at normal rate, there is a very minimal temp rise/heat transfer, making for less stress on the cooler and less likely to leak. I've got a lot of miles with the EGR valve unplugged and now with it out and blocked.

But the question was, where can I mount or hang the valve to keep the ECM happy?

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
I have mine side/behind the alternator, used a cable tie thru the EGR valve bolt hole and fished it thru the front alternator/intake mounting point.

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
Here is a little better pic, you can see the cable tie.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts