Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing the install this weekend but I was wondering where the best place to mount the bottle is going to be. I took a couple pics of about the only options I've got. Y'all have any thoughts or advice?

·
Premium Member
2,007 Posts
Just me, but I'd keep it out of the bed. Direct sunlight and the elements, oh yeah and direct avalibilty for the theives too.

·
Premium Member
14,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah - it'll be used mainly at the track but I might toss it in from time to time to play. That's why I was thinking inside would be the best too.

·
Premium Member
14,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope, no toolbox Logan - for me a toolbox takes up too much space and I need that space for my quads. Plus from what I've read the bottle is supposed to face forward on angle so it wouldn't fit in a toolbox.

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
put in place of the back seat like you have in that one picture. Then get four racing buckets to replace all your seats in your truck. Then buy a roll cage, five point harnesses. Then consider it complete. Just my opinion though.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
I have seen guys mount the smaller bottles inside the console, sideways in a tool box, on as much of an angle as possable in a tool box, behind the seat sideways. I am going to take the small section of the back seat and dedicate it to the bottle. I want to mount mine permanitly, electric opener, and heater. Should be fun! Larry wants to build a bar for infront of the intercooler and use a second bottle to spray the intercooler to keep it cooler kind of like DJ does. I think Larry is crazy, and ate too many lead paint chips when we were young!

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
It looks the best and sence your not going to be running it all the time i would put it in the cab, If it was in the bed it would get jacked for sure.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts