Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think the name of it is "Pro long" you add it to your oil, it really helps with friction. I would like to get some, but can't find any. Do you guys add anything to your oil?

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
I add nothing but oil. But to answer your question check with Autozone, Advance Auto, Napa, they usually carry pretty much all those types additives.

The only additive I have ever used is engine restorer. I have used it on some of the vehicles that ran on gasoline that had a lot of miles. That did work well, stopped burning oil, and did regain compression.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
think if you search a little more on pro long you will opt away from it, am not saying it is a bad product but will go out on a limb and say it probably is not what they claim. Is that not the old infomercial where they cut the radiator hose and drain the oil pan and crank the motor up to 3500 rpm's and run it for 30 minutes? yeah right..... We put some slick 50 in a turbo trans-am when they first came out with it and the motor went about a week later..coincidence ....Maybe.... I would stick with routine oil changes using a good oil and maybe some lucas all though others on here will argue it's effectiveness as well. Many of the truckstops are also selling a product on the shelf now that you put in and is supposed to add lubricity that last 3 or 4 oil changes, can't remember the name (motor kote) maybe but dont know anything on it either.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts