Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 f350 with a 2.5 inch block on the bottom, and 7000lb f550 coil springs. I am looking for a 1 inch spacer to go on top of the spring. Will my current Bilstein 5100 shocks be long enough?

·
Premium Member
4,125 Posts
If you get into 3.5" of lift, you need to do alot more than just spacers. You need to start looking at trackbar or trackbar relocation bracket, sway bar links, alignment cams, etc.

That being said, I dont know of anyone that makes a 1" spacer for the top of the coil spring. I've only seen 2-2.5" for the top. But their are all different sizes of spacers for underneath.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the caster cams from the bds leveling kit, icon adjustable trac bar, and icon dual stabilizer set up also.

·
Premium Member
4,125 Posts
You may end up having to get a 2-2.5" spacer for the top and a smaller spacer for the bottom. Or you could get a 2.5" coil sparing and then put your 1" spacer under that.

Or best case scenario, just go ahead and buy some 4" lift stuff and be done with it and have it done right. Cause all those spacers together is not a good situation.

Let me know if you are interested, we are about to pull a 4.5" ICON kit off of a truck a friend of mine owns.

·
Premium Member
4,125 Posts
I have a 1.5" spacer that goes on top of the coil spring for sale. Not sure if your interested in that.
He needs to just buy your springs if you still have them.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
He needs to just buy your springs if you still have them.
I don't need the springs as i hang a plow off the front. I just need to confirm my shocks will be long enough and i will be good to go with the 1.5" top spacer.

When are radius arm drop brackets needed? In total i'll have 2 inches from the BDS bottom spacer, say .5 inch from the 7000lb springs, and 1.5 from the top spacer. 4" total.

I found Skyjacker makes a 1 inch spacer. It doesn't say if it mounts on the top or not but i think it does. PN F51

1 - 7 of 7 Posts