Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2000, 7.3 crew cab, f350, 6 speed.
i have been all over the engine area & cannot find the damn fan.
any machanics out there who have actually seen where it is hidden.
i have taken off the front bumper, pulled open the flaps on both sides in the wheel wells...

when i press the horn button i hear the relay click but nothing happens.
i checked my fuse box layout & the #12 horn fuse is missing, in fact there is not a receptical to accept a fuse at the #12 slot, what's with that? i have the relay in the right place.

can anyone give me a clue.

james

J

·
0 Posts
Um

The Engine Cooling Fan? The horn is upinside the fender on the drivers side.

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,018 Posts
I'm confused...are you looking for a horn or a fan

J

·
0 Posts
Hmm

My bad, I thought the last time I looked at Scuffs truck before it got put back together it was on the drivers side. Sorry. :doh:

·
Registered
578 Posts
You know mine does the same thing. I can hit the wheel in the spot and just hear the relay click even tried changing the relay does the same thing.

Luke

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
looked under the pass. side wheel well cover, no horn. decided to look at the fuse box inside the cab, the one under the steering wheel. pulled what i thought might be the horn fuse, it was busted so i replaced it (it is the 15 amp one, top row, middle location) & horn worked. i suspect the reason it busted was the right side horn activator on the steering wheel sticks open & it may have overheated before the previous owners got it to stop.

i can hear the horn but still can't find it. it seems to be on the passenger side but where is anyone guess.
thanks for the helpful suggestions.
james

·
Registered
781 Posts
use a flashlight and look behind passanger side fendor if you have to you can have someone push horn lightly and it will lead you to the horn.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts