Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2000, 7.3 crew cab, f350, 6 speed.
i have been all over the engine area & cannot find the damn fan.
any machanics out there who have actually seen where it is hidden.
i have taken off the front bumper, pulled open the flaps on both sides in the wheel wells...

when i press the horn button i hear the relay click but nothing happens.
i checked my fuse box layout & the #12 horn fuse is missing, in fact there is not a receptical to accept a fuse at the #12 slot, what's with that? i have the relay in the right place.

can anyone give me a clue.

james

J

·
0 Posts
Um

The Engine Cooling Fan? The horn is upinside the fender on the drivers side.

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
I'm confused...are you looking for a horn or a fan

·
Administrator
9,390 Posts
pull the passenger inner fender loose at front and youll see it , dont know what to tell you about the fuse ,that would be hard to answer without looking at it if you are hearing the relay click then it should be working

J

·
0 Posts
Hmm

My bad, I thought the last time I looked at Scuffs truck before it got put back together it was on the drivers side. Sorry. :doh:

·
Registered
578 Posts
You know mine does the same thing. I can hit the wheel in the spot and just hear the relay click even tried changing the relay does the same thing.

Luke

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
looked under the pass. side wheel well cover, no horn. decided to look at the fuse box inside the cab, the one under the steering wheel. pulled what i thought might be the horn fuse, it was busted so i replaced it (it is the 15 amp one, top row, middle location) & horn worked. i suspect the reason it busted was the right side horn activator on the steering wheel sticks open & it may have overheated before the previous owners got it to stop.

i can hear the horn but still can't find it. it seems to be on the passenger side but where is anyone guess.
thanks for the helpful suggestions.
james

·
Registered
781 Posts
use a flashlight and look behind passanger side fendor if you have to you can have someone push horn lightly and it will lead you to the horn.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts